My little radio Museum - over 1100 radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioservant

I've created a website that showcases over 1100 radios. My grandpa collected these radios his whole life and I have had the pleasure of placing his entire collection online complete with the serial codes of all the radios marked. Basically if there was something written on the radio, its on there. He always called the collection his little radio museum, and this was true if you ever went inside his house. I found an article from 1985 when he had currently collected 150 radios that may interest some here. If anyone has any information on some of these radios, as many are unmarked, please let me know. Thanks - Asa Fortney
Website here.

pjtnascar

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a very large collection. I am impressed that you took the time photograph and post these. Good luck curating this huge collection.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looks like quite a collection, and welcome to RadioReference.

WB4CS

Wow! That's an impressive collection! Thanks for sharing this site with us.

I read on the page that you will not be splitting up the collection for sale. Understandable considering the sentimental value. If you ever do decide to sell them, you will probably bring in a small fortune for them.

commscanaus

Very, very nice!!

Thankyou for putting up the site.

I am starting to appreciate the older equipment as I become older myself.

Excellent work and a lovely collection!

Commscanaus.

radioservant

radios!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments! :) If anyone has any ideas to make the website easier to navigate, browse, or just design ideas; all are welcome.

My family did decide that they want to sell them sometime down the road, as its alot of radios to store lol. Any ideas on how to sell a collection like this? I believe they wanted to call up some collectors and see what they would offer. Honestly I can't see getting too much for them this way. haha.

Eickerman

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.