My little setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayjk110

Cool Motorola Stuf!

The MaxTrac/Radius Equivelant is a GREAT radio; by far the best of it's size if you can get your hands on a good, tuned one.

Nice.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Rayjk110 said:
Cool Motorola Stuf!

The MaxTrac/Radius Equivelant is a GREAT radio; by far the best of it's size if you can get your hands on a good, tuned one.

Nice.

I couldnt have said it any better!

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What is that tan colored item to the right of the Motorola portable ?

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
dmonty83 said:
that looks like a Zetron 2-Tone Encoder...yeah whats up with that?

David

Yup its a Zetron Model 15A encoder. I picked it up at a surplus sale just for the hell of it. Its hooked up to the Maxtrac, I use it with GMRS just for little experiments with the computer but it hasnt been hooked up for a while with the exception of when I took the picture. If anyone has any real use for it lemme know and maybe we can work something out :)

dmonty83

can you post pictures of setup of the 2-tone encoder to the radio...I am trying to set one up to a radio console.

David

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
dmonty83 said:
can you post pictures of setup of the 2-tone encoder to the radio...I am trying to set one up to a radio console.

David

Of course, ill get one to you tomorrow if you would like. What kind of radio are you hooking it up to? Maybe I can be of help to you.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
dmonty83 said:
Its going into an old Vega Radio Console...I cannot recall the model number. I will get that tomorrow.

David

Ok, my console is hooked up with some plugs I found hanging around the house. (see below) They work very good. Its hooked into the 16 pin connector (Pins 3, 7, and 2) If you need a picture of the pinout from the encoder let me know and ill send you a copy.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,022
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,025

hcsd35-32

That little 10 Channel Uniden scanner in the middle of your picture...Can't remember the model number....My Dad used to have that scanner when I was growing up. He sold it last year in a garage sale...should have latched on to it for old times sake.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
hcsd35-32 said:
That little 10 Channel Uniden scanner in the middle of your picture...Can't remember the model number....My Dad used to have that scanner when I was growing up. He sold it last year in a garage sale...should have latched on to it for old times sake.

Its actually a 16 channel uniden. The model is BCT-145XL. This thing is older than me and still works pretty damn good!

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
Nice little radio corner! Oh yea, and love the "Err" icon! (I don't know if the more "senior" members understand it...not to be dis'n or anything) Go ATHF!

Status
Not open for further replies.