My low tech and no budget setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sporadic E enthusiast
PRO-51 thats been on continuously since I bought it new 15 years ago connected to a homemade j-pole. The 51 was well worth the money back when one could pick-up cellular phones. Now its just dedicated to the Railroad. I use a cb external speaker on this scanner.
Bc60xlt-1 is also dedicated to the Railroad and is connected to homemade 4 element yagi indoors. I use an old Polk Audio computer speaker on this one. The sounds are completely different between the two speakers. The computer speaker has a low bass sound. This helps when I'm not around the scanners to determine between the two.

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 866
  • jpole.jpg
    jpole.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 949
  • bearcat.jpg
    bearcat.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 668
  • 4 yagi.jpg
    4 yagi.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 819

macdude22

Premium Subscriber
Can't go wrong with low budget. My 2 meter rig consists of a hand-held on a shelf connected to a mag mount on a cookie sheet. I like your style.

viking396

PRO-51 thats been on continuously since I bought it new 15 years ago connected to a homemade j-pole. The 51 was well worth the money back when one could pick-up cellular phones. Now its just dedicated to the Railroad. I use a cb external speaker on this scanner.
Bc60xlt-1 is also dedicated to the Railroad and is connected to homemade 4 element yagi indoors. I use an old Polk Audio computer speaker on this one. The sounds are completely different between the two speakers. The computer speaker has a low bass sound. This helps when I'm not around the scanners to determine between the two.

Nice job, home brewed kicks butt!

n8phu

Soemthing I learned in the Navy...

"You Can't argue with success"

If it works,, You did it right...

:) Everybody starts out no budget......

Enjoy!

Chris N8PHU
ET1(SW) USN (Ret.)

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
wow thats got to be the most simplest setup i've ever seen on here, nice and "dusty" as well!

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
I miss those analog days, I remember my first trip outside of my hillbilly anaolg area when i was a kid was to winston salem, i was like why can i pick up any cell phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.