My messy cave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3DCX

My Office, shack, lab, repair shop, junk room...

P3080001.JPG

P3080002.JPG

P3080003.JPG

P3080004.JPG

P3080006.JPG

P3080007.JPG

P3080009.JPG

P3080010.JPG

more workbench photos

WD4JKH

C'mon now, a man cave with a flowery border around the top wall?

However, with all of the other cool stuff you have in there we will let you pass. :)

Wally46

Feed Provider
I really like the 4 monitors mounted together. I'm going to have that someday after more rearranging of my shack.

K3DCX

C'mon now, a man cave with a flowery border around the top wall?

However, with all of the other cool stuff you have in there we will let you pass. :)

.lol. We bought this house not long ago. I lost the coin toss with my teenager. She got the big room downstairs. I got this girls room. That's ok, she'll be going to college in 2 years. So I am making big plans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

K3DCX

Also got my Cp-15 up.

Now I need to string some long wire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1394331612.703662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1394331612.703662.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,790

RodStrong

Doesn't look very messy to me. However, you do need to take out the trash.

N8IAA

Now that is a typical shack:lol: None of those pics with the shack cleaned up for us to see:D I like the set up.
Larry

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Cramped for space, what can I say.
I, too, am struggling with big plans for a small space. Your layout is giving me some inspiration. What are the approximate dimensions of your room?

Also, your room seems to have some sort of wood floor. Is it laminate? Solid hardwood? How is the floor holding up underneath the casters of your office chair?

K3DCX

I, too, am struggling with big plans for a small space. Your layout is giving me some inspiration. What are the approximate dimensions of your room?

Also, your room seems to have some sort of wood floor. Is it laminate? Solid hardwood? How is the floor holding up underneath the casters of your office chair?

The room is your basic 12'x12'. The floors are solid hardwood, it's a shame I am on them. They are holding up the the casters just fine, but when I drop something, that's another story. My wife is going to look for an area rug at the flea markets this spring, else I am sure to refinish the floor when I more my shack downstairs in a couple of years.

I getting ready to do a major clean-out this spring. I still have a book case full of computer books from the 80s & 90s! Probably don't need the DOS 6.21 or WIN fwg manual anymore. Time to ditch the nick-knacks too.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The room is your basic 12'x12'.
If only I had two more feet. The room I'm targeting is about 10x12. I have a plan in mind that will give me room for computers, radios, and a small workbench, but it's gonna be tight.

The floors are solid hardwood, it's a shame I am on them. They are holding up the the casters just fine, but when I drop something, that's another story. My wife is going to look for an area rug at the flea markets this spring, else I am sure to refinish the floor when I more my shack downstairs in a couple of years.
I haven't talked to a floor covering professional yet, but I think I'll try to get some office-grade carpet tiles when I do mine. Of course, the problem with that is solder balls will just melt into the carpet fibers.

I getting ready to do a major clean-out this spring. I still have a book case full of computer books from the 80s & 90s! Probably don't need the DOS 6.21 or WIN fwg manual anymore.
What!?! You mean my copy of Using MS-DOS 6 from Que is a relic and should be dumped? Never!

Ozzychaser

Gday mate,

Great shack, one comment though.. If you do quite a few repairs, buy the Dremel vise 2500-01 Multi-Vise .. I repair car head units for a bit of fun and found the vise is excellent at holding pcb's at different angles etc, Just remember to keep the rubber pads on the jaws.. I can't remember how far it opens exactly but for head-units (DIN Sized) they are great.. I am sure a longer replacement sliding bar could be bade so the jaws could open more but I have not yet had the chance to look for the square stock..

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.