My Messy Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeonthree

No Ken and Barbie, squeaky clean, appearance to this bikers station. I tore it all down 5 years ago and cleaned it up, but it took a solid 8 hours, never again. lol

Attachments

• My Messy Station 002.jpg
    My Messy Station 002.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,550

freeonthree

I spend at least 8 hours a day sittin there. lol Sometimes I think it's a sickness, like alcoholism...
I just recently sold all of my rc planes, and bailed on that hobby because of the cost of gas to drive my truck to the flying site, so now I got that time to fill as well, yep, there I sit some more, but at least im not spendin $10.00 an evenin on gas. I just ordered a new Yaesu VX170, so that should be fun. Havn't had a 2 meter hand held in a while. I don't talk on 2 meters much anymore though, benn usin my mobile for a scanner mainly. Probably do the same with the VX 170. :>) Great website by the way. Dennis

RodStrong

Hey dude, the 80's called, and they want their shack back. Seriously, that's a cool shack. Even the IHOP coffee pot and ash tray are way retro. Take care.

freeonthree

You mean a fresh pot of coffee, or a fresh coffee pot ? lol I dont throw anything out until it non functional.
My new VX 170 should be here today... Been readin the online manual... How can such a small radio do so many things ? Should be fun to take with me on the trike. Lots of repeaters around here, and I kinda miss gettin on 2 meters. Hope I don't look to geeky out there. lol

steveh552

I keep having visions of some guy on a motortrike, black leather, born to die tatooed on his arm, looking all tough and ready to kick some @$$ breaking out an HT and the guys looking at him like "who the hell are you really working for".

freeonthree

No tatoos, and it's summertime here, so there aint no way in hell you'll catch me wearin any leather. Blue jeans, and tee shirts in the summer for me. The only leather I wear this time of year are my Justin boots.
Actually, I don't dress like a biker, and I never have. I just wear normal stuff. As far as lookin tough, nah, basically I just look poor and mechanicallly inclined. I can ride around at 3am on a friday or saturday night, and the police don't even pay attention to me, except the occassional thumbs up. I've been in Red Bluff for about 18 years now, and i've never even been pulled over. I probably just look like a boreing old mechanical engineer type to them. Even at 3 am, going to Winchell's for coffee, they don't give me a second look. I guess it pays to look boreing.

nova1010

You know what they say a messy shack is a busy one......all you need to add is a small TV and a beer fridge and your all set. :)

mkh

I like it - functional but not to squeaky clean. :)

I have the VX-170 also and us it to monitor the Police when I'm in the car and use my mobile for 2 meter work.

Got to ask - what's the story behind "freeonthree" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.