My Mobile Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesu990

upper peninsula , Michigan, town is calumet.
HI

This is my mobile setup in a 1996 dodge caravan. Top left is a uniden BCD 396T. Bottom left is a radio shack PRO-76. And the two radio together are fire dep. radios. The first one on the left is a 800 MHZ radio and the other one is a high band radio.The one radio on the foor is a realistic DX-390 Reciver.

Attachments

• EBAY 008.jpg
    EBAY 008.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,209
  • EBAY 005.jpg
    EBAY 005.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,192
  • EBAY 006.jpg
    EBAY 006.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,193

xpawel15x

That is a great mobile setup. I happen to have a Plymouth Voyager (identical van) but I have problems receiving using a scanner with a ducky inside the vehicle while driving. The faster I go the more broken up freqs get. Kind of like the scanner can't receive because the car is moving..but I asked on this forum and ppl said they never had this problem with their cars, so I think it could be specific to this vehicle. Going on a highway would cause the signals to be broken up so much that it was nearly impossible to monitor. This happens on all frequencies, VHF,UHF,800mhz local or far away. Did you ever try to receive with a scanner and a ducky while driving? Did you have this problem? Thanks

Last edited:

yaesu990

upper peninsula , Michigan, town is calumet.
HI xpawell5x

xpawel15x said:
That is a great mobile setup. I happen to have a Plymouth Voyager (identical van) but I have problems receiving using a scanner with a ducky inside the vehicle while driving. The faster I go the more broken up freqs get. Kind of like the scanner can't receive because the car is moving..but I asked on this forum and ppl said they never had this problem with their cars, so I think it could be specific to this vehicle. Going on a highway would cause the signals to be broken up so much that it was nearly impossible to monitor. This happens on all frequencies, VHF,UHF,800mhz local or far away. Did you ever try to receive with a scanner and a ducky while driving? Did you have this problem? Thanks

Yes i did go on the highway with my scanner with ducky and had no prodlems . thay worked very will . sorry i can't help you with that prodlem.

Gary

RodStrong

Now that's a FireMan MiniVan!

What are the models of handhelds at the bottom? The batwing looks like a GP300 maybe?

Last edited:

firetaz834

I have a family member that has a simular van and when carrying a vhf portable it is sometimes hard to receive. Get a kind of electrical interference from the interior. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.