My Mobile Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Here is my shack setup (Mobile)
I Use a Comtelco NMO on a Mirror Mount from ScannerMaster (Does a Good Job)
I also use a Diamond Super Gainer for Ham Use, and a Stryker Antenna for 11 Meter
My BCD996T,Icom 208H,and my 11 Meter Radio

Last edited:

CanesFan95

Very nice setup and nice crisp photos. It looks like the flash worked well. What 11-meter rig and mic is that?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
it is a Cobra 29
I resized the photos they are normally huge taken on a Kodak Z740 5MP, which i got for $100 for helping unload a trailer of them in Gilroy,CA at a distributor, their normal unloader was sick so they agreed to sell me one so cheap since i unloaded 25 pallets of em

Last edited:

CanesFan95

Yeap, that's common on digital cameras. You almost always have to resize 'em down.

SCPD

QRT
Wow, thats the First "Big Rig" I have seen here. Nice! are there any lagality issues for Trucker's having scanners in certain States? or does the FCC Amature License over ride that?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I dunno need to reasearch more on that, but i dont make a big deal and show it off

Most States Make it Illegal in the furtherance of a crime, the big ones exempt you if you have a ham license, and since i dont do anything illegal, drive the speed limit, well i am not going to worry, my cdl is way to precious

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I am in Las Vegas today and get to listen to my favorite area tomorrow Los Angeles

and i do have the gps for the 996

xtraclass

Stormchaser_35 said:
I dunno need to reasearch more on that, but i dont make a big deal and show it off

Most States Make it Illegal in the furtherance of a crime, the big ones exempt you if you have a ham license, and since i dont do anything illegal, drive the speed limit, well i am not going to worry, my cdl is way to precious

The link below might be helpful regarding scanner laws.

http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Be careful if you get in IN. They almost arrest a fellow driver for having a scanner in his truck. They wrote him a ticket for haveing a radar detector and told him to get it out of his truck. He didn't have a radar detector but that is what they wrote him up for instead of taking him to jail

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
if you have an amateur license you are good to go, i looked at all the trouble states

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
if you are a trucker and not a ham, Acording to the D.O.T. you can get fined and your radio taking, But if your a ham ops like me, carry your license and a copy of the fcc docect on the rules like i do and the cops can't tuch you. for missouri in the kansas city metro area her is my web site for the scanner laws, http://www.stormwarning.8m.net/about_1.html

pathalogical

How about a pic of your dash taken from the bunk. Looks like you have some other goodies in there. What is that Sidetracker video monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.