my modest shack.. what can you say

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh7cy

So here's my shack, i guess you can say im a bit of a Motorola fanatic but what can you say, they make great radios!
Anyways, its a little bit incomplete since most of my radios are out of service at the moment, not to mention its a little cluttered and messy, but it does its job!
<br>
<br>
The radio portion:
<br>
PICT0016.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

<br>
Mobiles:
<br>
Motorola Spectras.
2 VHF 136-174
1 UHF 450-470 (also covers 440-450 portion of the Ham band)
1 UHF 480-512
1 800 Type II Trunking Radio
1 900 Radio
<br>
1 Motorola MaxTrac 450-470 (also covers 440-450 portion of the Ham band)
<br>
Scanner:
1 Realistic Pro-2021. This scanner is awesome.
<br>
Handhelds:
1 Motorola Systems Saber 403-433 Government Split
1 Motorola MTS-2000 Model III 403-470 (can also monitor up to 512.000)
1 Motorola Xts-3000 Model I 403-470 (moitors up to 512 as well) This radio is going to be a Model III as soon as the parts get here though.
1 UHF Realistic Htx-404. Yet another awesome radio
1 VHF Alinco Dj-S11t
<br>
<br>
The computer portion of the Shack.
<br>
PICT0021.jpg

<br>
<br>
PICT0022.jpg

Something that im sure everybody has. The radio graveyard in a drawer.
<br>
<br>
a little while later somebody asked me what exactly lives in the drawer.. so here it is..
<br>
PICT0001.jpg

<br>
<br>
Shack Security
dont worry they're not real..
<br>
<br>
Threat Level I:
PICT0031.jpg

<br>
<br>
Threat Level II:
PICT0032.jpg

<br>
<br>
Threat Level III:
PICT0033.jpg

<br>
<br>
so heres my shack!
<br>
<br>
contact me on 442.075 Carla 2, 443.100 Black, 443.600 Sonoma / Marin, IRLP Node 8730
<br>
Callsign: Nh7cy
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
edit:
<br>
now with proposed station expansion!
<br>
proposed.jpg

predicted station image by January 2007

Last edited:
R

Rayjk110

^^^ Must you start this crap again with 800mhz stuff?? You know you already know the answers to half of it. Mind your own business. God.

BTW, nice shack, man. I like the spectra's myself. Have one in each band.

Last edited:

bobmich52

Nice Set Up.

I Would Think Your Electric Bill WOULD Qualify For a OMFG!

Or "Oh My #$%^&*@ Wallet!

nh7cy

lol

first ones a gamo pellet rifle, second ones a Rap4 T68 Paintball gun..

and yes the 800 spectra was programmed somehow

as for power?

every one of the radios seen in this picture, besides the scanner of course, is running of a deep cycle marine battery connected to a charger.

basically, if the power goes out, the radios stay on. another reason why the shack is full of laptops as opposed to desktops.

keeps the electric bill down to ;)

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
What's wrong with the CDM-750 in the junk drawer?

I also use to own one of those FT208R's years ago when I first got my ham radio licence, I remember how hot the case would get during those long QSO's.

nh7cy

yeah i love those old handhelds too

i ran that one into the ground, then one day i opened it and all of the wires fell out!

that ft208 was one of my first ham radios too!

pretty scary how many wires they were able to fit into those things.. makes surface mount stuff look easy..

the cdm750 came out of a jeep that was parked in the rain for a week with the top off

one of these days i'll figure out how to fix it. it turned on once that i can remember then smoke came pouring out of it.. hmm..

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I have had a few of those radios apart and aside from the control head I would say they are pretty water resistant, but if the magic smoke is already gone then there isn't much hope for it.

I guess it all depends on where the smoke came out.

nh7cy

yeah they're sealed pretty tight. it actually wasnt mine until after it stopped working, that was just the story when i got it from a fellow ham. for all i know he drove his jeep into a river with the radio in it lol.

either way, when i got it i powered it up and something on the controller board fizzled for a few seconds, smoked, then proceeded to smell like burnt plastic for a little bit.

once i get my hands on a new meter i'll open it up and see whats up but for now its just sitting in my drawer collecting dust.

nh7cy

to those asking about buying radios from the graveyard.

i wasnt able to pm one of you back since your inbox was full

basically, im willing to sell any of the radios in the graveyard for parts but just to let you know, the 4 motorola jedi radios in there are pretty much useless. i've basically stripped down for anything useful (working display boards, rf baords, controller boards, etc) and left the rest. they're pretty much just a case on a chasis with maybe an old display board
(beyond broken), and a malfunctioning controller or rf board.

guess i'll just list whats available here and what i want for it..

all prices are negotiable.

the two stadard hx582t's work. i bought them off fleabay for around $100, i'll let them go
for $65. i cant program these radios as i dont have the cable but i can send you the software if you want it.

I have a UHF 16 channel Motorola P1225. This radio is dead. It is beyond dead, maybe you can use it for a paperweight. So far im selling it for its component value. $20

the vhf cdm 750 you can have for $30. it started out as one of my projects but i gave up on it. maybe you can fix it?

I have a VHF HT-90, nice grey brick, maybe you have a museum for it or you want a radio that also can double as a self defense weapon. Anyways, you can take it, and the charger for $20

I have a VHF GE MDS mobile, comes with mic, this radio does not work, and i have no idea why, so im selling it for parts. $20

The Uniden SPS310T's im selling for $30. I havent been able to test these as i have no software or anything to test them with. So far what i know is that they are 800mhz, LTR trunking. Includes 2 chargers and 2 batteries in unknown condition.

The Radioshack BTX-128 i'll sell for $20. It works fine, i just dont have a battery, charger or antenna for it. Comes in the original box though!

The orange CB and the three Kenwood radios im not selling.

The VHF Saber II i'll sell for $20. Its a parts radio, nothing more. I've tried many times to fix this radio and i just cant seem to figure out whats wrong with it.

Now as far as working radios go..

Working Motorola stuff is a little pricey so bear with me here..

UHF Spectra A5 450-470 $175

VHF Spectra A5 $160 This radio powers up with a Fail 999. If you know your way around Spectra's you'll be familiar with this code and its remedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.