• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

My Motorola Gp-68 Error .04?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody1092

I got this radio online and it was working fine until I was responding to a fire and i went to call in and it gave me a "Error .4". I paid like $150 for it with shipping from china and I call Motorola and they said that the FCC did not approve it, so they wouldn't give me help because it was from china or what ever. I really Can not spend more money and would like to fix it...........please help.......pm me or reply...ASAP

P.S I tried to reset and it wouldn't let me it just gives me error tones......

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
cody1092 said:
I got this radio online and it was working fine until I was responding to a fire and i went to call in and it gave me a "Error .4". I paid like $150 for it with shipping from china and I call Motorola and they said that the FCC did not approve it, so they wouldn't give me help because it was from china or what ever. I really Can not spend more money and would like to fix it...........please help.......pm me or reply...ASAP

P.S I tried to reset and it wouldn't let me it just gives me error tones......

Haven't seen that one personally, but the big M (as much as I hate those crooks) is right in this case. There were a few when they first came out that did have FCC ID printed on the label. I actually have one that is legal. Otherwise, they are not legal to transmit with. There is no way to make them legal either. There are way too many firemen in the country trying to save a few dollars buying import models of Motorola and Kenwood radios that are not legal to use in the US and have no support if there is an issue.

It is usually cheaper to go ahead and spend the money to buy a legal model. There are also plenty of radios available that do a lot more than the GP68. It is a very basic radio as far as what it can do and the number of memory channels.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I have a GP68, have had it for years. I've never seen any error codes, the manual doesn't mention any error codes, and a Google search didn't turn up anything of use in referencve to error codes. Don't know what to tell you other than the fact that, in comparison to other radios out there, it ain't all that and a bag of chips. Yay. It's keyboard programmable out of the ham band. =|

Mine has spent the last 3 years sitting in a box because there are far better options.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I have a couple dealer programming papers on this radio

For the GP-68 here is the error code scheme:

Err.01
Incompatible software.
Can't clone these two.

Err.02
Timeout error.
Check cable connection. Verify slave is on.

Err.03
Master checksum error.
Master needs to be serviced by dealer to enable cloning.

Err.04
No Programmed Channels.
If the slave, try again. If master - or slave still won't work - see dealer.

TO reset:
* turn off radio
* press & hold the button marked "mem"
* while you press & hold the button "mem", turn on radio
* now, you are in "spm mode"
* press the PTT, & hold

* While you press & hold the PTT, enter the #s 1, 3, 5, 7, 9

* At this point, the radio displays the message "erase?".

* while you press & hold the PTT the radio will display the message "erase?"

* you press the yellow button (Light)

* Your radio is now reset

cody1092

chrismoll said:
I have a couple dealer programming papers on this radio

For the GP-68 here is the error code scheme:

Err.01
Incompatible software.
Can't clone these two.

Err.02
Timeout error.
Check cable connection. Verify slave is on.

Err.03
Master checksum error.
Master needs to be serviced by dealer to enable cloning.

Err.04
No Programmed Channels.
If the slave, try again. If master - or slave still won't work - see dealer.

TO reset:
* turn off radio
* press & hold the button marked "mem"
* while you press & hold the button "mem", turn on radio
* now, you are in "spm mode"
* press the PTT, & hold

* While you press & hold the PTT, enter the #s 1, 3, 5, 7, 9

* At this point, the radio displays the message "erase?".

* while you press & hold the PTT the radio will display the message "erase?"

* you press the yellow button (Light)

* Your radio is now reset

**Yea i cant even reset it at all.......the guy wont let me return it....any thing else i can do....

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
cody1092 said:
**Yea i cant even reset it at all.......the guy wont let me return it....any thing else i can do....

Put it into dealer progrogramming mode:
While holding depressed the PTT, Monitor & Enter Buttons turn on the radio to lock the keypad. This will protect all of your critical programmed parameters from being tampered with. To bring the radio back to the program mode, Turn off the radio. Hold pressed the PTT, Monitor & Scan Buttons & turn the radio on.

The try reseting it again

Status
Not open for further replies.