my new 996t will be here today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
is there a way to transfer my programed system in my 396t to my 996t? i just dont want to sit and program my frequencies and tgids to 996t if i dont have to..

Pars65

It has been said many times, use the 996 USAD program, map the database directory to the 396 database folder and then use that to update the 996 information if you want to specify GPS, etc. Using the 996 program you can make changes to the 396 files, if you then go and use the 396 USAD program it will wipe all settings from 996 program if you make modifications using that, you can just upload using the 396 program to the 396 and that should not effect the 996 changes to the system files.
If you want to have different 996 and 396 files then open the original 396 file in 996 USAD and use the save as, rename the file and you are done.
Hope that helps, there has been many a thread on this, so you can do a search and get more.

Pars65

Your welcome, my other suggestion would be to keep it as simple as possible at first.
There are a lot of options and such, it could get overwhelming, go slow and read the manual and do searchs here and on the yahoo 996T group. Most of everything has been said at least once at this point, along with discussion on features.
Good luck and enjoy.

Go-24

Go ahead and download the UASD software and get your sytems/groups/sites etc created then you will be ready to upload it and go once it arrives.

I used simple copy and paste to create all my systems fomr 396 - 996.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
lol already done that.. still waiting. ups is being slow my house is always last on the route. thanks for the advice however..

Status
Not open for further replies.