my new pro 57 not picking up anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviousdeve

i picked this pro 57, up on ebay in the original box, with all original paper work, charger etc. it looks to be in new like cond. i installed the antenna and programmed my locals, and not once will is stop on a call. i have it siting next to my ol uniden bearcat sportcat and its picking up fine, with the rubber antenna, and it works great as usual. i plugged in a external antenna and still nothing. i moved it everywhere in the house, next to this window that window still nothing. even when if i manually have it on the same frq as the bc, i get nothing. any ideas what might be going wrong. or does it look like i'm out of $30 bucks?? deve.

ddoorman

Pro-57 ? That is a rather old scanner. Have you tried to program your local NOAA freq into the scanner and see what happens?

If you do not receive the NOAA signal then perhaps the scanner has come into contact with the floor one too many times.

deviousdeve

great call ddoorman. i programed it to 162.450 and it worked great but soon went to static. i turned it off and back on and had the it again but went right back to static. i give it a little tap and it will come back on with voice. looks like i need to crack it open and have a look.

deviousdeve

anyone ever opened one up?

i started taken the pro 57 apart, but not sure of what to expect when i lift the circuit board off of the keypad. i would like to have a look around the antenna area, and check for any loose connections. any techs out there??

Status
Not open for further replies.