My new scanner came yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye10

Premium Subscriber
A brand new BCD996XT came to my door yesterday.

I ordered it from Scanner Master last week.

I asked for one county programming and it was all loaded up for me right out of the box. This was a good choice for me because while I have the BC780 here I also read the 996 manual on-line and I gota say it looked complicated so I figured I would pay for the one county I live in to be pre-loaded. I am glad I did.

Took me an hour or so to get my mind out of the bank/list way of thinking and into the system/group way of thinking. Not to difficult but just different between the two scanners.

This morning I decided to load into the 996 a new system, Fort Jackson. P25 system, I did the loading with the ARC-XT Pro software and I have to say it was pretty simple. Easier (in my opinion) using the software vs the 996 itself. I like the hit count you get with the pro version. Let's me see (without watching) the hits on each ID so I know I am getting something, great just after I put in the new system and walked away for lunch.

I have to spend a little more time on the quick keys so I can organize it the way I want. I also have to get the tags a bit better for me so when it stops on a particular ID I can tell quickly who it is.

All in all I am very satisfied with this scanner. I have more things on it to discover :)

wise871

Database Admin
It's good to read a successful story on someone getting there first dynamic scanner and not getting frustrated with it right off the bat. Good call on getting at least one system programmed from Scanner Master. Take your time and enjoy the scanner.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on the new scanner,hope you have fun playing around with it.

Last edited:

maalox

you will enjoy the 996xt as i have for the past 2 years if you help shoot me a pm .. happy scanning veryone

Status
Not open for further replies.