My new (used) PRO 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

masweather

Hello,

Just purchased a used PRO2096. Using Win96 to put in information to it. A couple questions. At times the sound (reception) sounds muffled or skipped. Could this be caused by just low reception, maybe install the scanner higher up in the room? Or get bigger antenna?

Also . . .

When programming I put in BANK 1 Isanti Counties 6 talk groups. Using all 3 frequency sites from the Cambridge / North Branch area. (Cambridge is in Isanti County)

Now if I wanted to put Anoka county and/or Allina Ambulance in. Could I put this under the same bank as Isanti county or would I have to do this on a separate bank?

dwgelle

You can do both. Just depends how you want to organize your scan banks. That is something that I do. I like to keep the systems and talk groups separate if it is a limited list you are building.

masweather

Thanks! How about the reception of the scanner. It sounds skipped or muffled at times. Could this be that its sitting next to my PC or should I place it higher in the room. Get a bigger antenna?

Thanks,

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks! How about the reception of the scanner. It sounds skipped or muffled at times. Could this be that its sitting next to my PC or should I place it higher in the room. Get a bigger antenna?

Thanks,
While in the trunk bank press MAN then navigate UP ▲ or DOWN ▼ to active control frequency (CC). Bottom line will give you a decode rate. Anything under 70% might cause your issue.

BTW, your system ID will also be listed at same time.

masweather

Ok thanks.

Also when I select my site frequencies for the bank . . .

I have 853.05000 as control
860.262500 and another as alternate. Do i need to have all 3 as my site frequency?

Also

When I go to the control frequency 853.05000 I hear no static or anything. And no number % is listed on the bottom is their something else I need to push?

Thanks,
Matt

dwgelle

Ya, I would put in at least all the CC and alts at least, you never know when something crashes or how it pics which freq for the control channel, some sites they rotate them regularly. I personally like to fit in all the frequencies if its a small system.

Also, how far away from one of the tower sites are you?
I'm pretty sure this is a simulcast system, so you may have problems with decoding information from the 2 sites if you are not really close to one of them. This is a common problem with these types of systems, links below may help you under stand that. But if you are not getting a signal, make sure you have in programming the frequencies the MODE set to MOT.

Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki
Simulcast - The RadioReference Wiki
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

Not sure if this help but let me know?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Ok thanks.

Also when I select my site frequencies for the bank . . .

I have 853.05000 as control
860.262500 and another as alternate. Do i need to have all 3 as my site frequency?

Also

When I go to the control frequency 853.05000 I hear no static or anything. And no number % is listed on the bottom is their something else I need to push?

Thanks,
Matt
40F is SyID which should be on left of bottom line of active CC in man mode, but if no decode info is available you are too far from tower.

masweather

masweather

So to reband I need to use the table in the first post in that forum link? I do this in a new template? If I do this in a new template and upload to the scanner won't it erase my programming I already have.

WIll this rebanding fix the at times skippy reception. (I am only 7 miles from tower).

Thanks,
Matt

masweather

I guess I am not really sure why I need to edit this table on a new template? When my frequencies are on a different, already saved template. You think I would have to edit that one.

Thanks,
Matt

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I guess I am not really sure why I need to edit this table on a new template? When my frequencies are on a different, already saved template. You think I would have to edit that one.

Thanks,
Matt
Yes, edit your existing template not a new one.
In the target bank click Multi table bullet under MOT 9600 CC. Open Extended Tables bar then tic the bullet next to 800MHz Rebanded. Click ok, save and send new data back to scanner.

masweather

Thanks for your help. Do you mean MOT 3600 CC though? Or should I do this under MOT 9600 box?

masweather

HI there. i have both checked. Now I see Agencies such as Allina Ambulance showing up on the display like someone is talking but I don't hear no sound Volume is turned up. I have attached a screen shot on what I currently have setup.

Attachments

• fileupload.jpg
    fileupload.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 344

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
HI there. i have both checked. Now I see Agencies such as Allina Ambulance showing up on the display like someone is talking but I don't hear no sound Volume is turned up. I have attached a screen shot on what I currently have setup.
V1.72 came out in 2008. You should upgrade to current v2.04.

Status
Not open for further replies.