My opinion about the Alinco dj-x11t

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

1st off, let me say this is an opinion-no insults.
This toy tests your patience in a hurry to tune on an upper sideband freq. Connecting the scanlists is good. You can lockout freqs-it is called PASS. So many useless functions--like tone scan.. The delay then skip durring a search is good. Have not caught anything on the frequency counter YET... It has no prefferrence as to what item will give you static. When searching vfh, you have to turn the TONE function off--pain.. No 7.50 hz tuning. I got use for it, but dammmnnnn, another version of rubik's cube. 5,000,000 people have 1, and 1,000 of those folks understand the item. I give it a 7 out of 10, for good reception. Anyone else have an opinion they wanna share?

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I have experience with the icom r-20. I had one for a while and wanted to pick up another wide-band handheld so I started looking at the alinco but the reviews I read kind of turned me off to it. I was able to pick up another icom at a reasonable cost. I am glad that you have had success with this radio.

Just curious what you listen to?

mainetrunk

Depends on the mood. Mostly 100.3 fm wheb. Ive only had it 1 month. I also use it for a scanner. In fact it works like 2 scanners. A scan list on top, and 1 on the bottom. You CAN hear 2 analog entities at once. I also like the oldies on all stations. Dont laugh but, I heard what appeared to be oriental music once on my Grundig 450 dlx, turn on the tv and a Godzilla movie was on... Weird.. I am also TRYING to hear recorded Air force freqs, Fema, and that famous 11.175.... Also-- I HATE that am interference. Drives me nutz. Thank God I learned how to PASS that irritation. After 6pm EST, the airwaves open like crazy. Oh well, good hobby though. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.