14da7.jpg

6rk3.jpg

8rv2.jpg

12vd9.jpg

5fy3.jpg

11qn7.jpg

SLWilson

Photo Size???

I give up. How are you able to get that LARGE of a photo to post? I never can!!!!
Steve
:confused:

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Good pics, but a little on the big side. My monitor runs at 1280x1024 and they force Firefox to scroll.

Just a little hint, not meant in a bad way, but Imageshack might be a better option next time - you can upload thumbnails which point to the full image.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
SLWilson said:
I give up. How are you able to get that LARGE of a photo to post? I never can!!!!
Steve
:confused:
Use a free image hosting site like image shack, which is what I used. Here's a listing you can choose from: http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-image-hosting.php?sort=3

Napalm said:
Good pics, but a little on the big side. My monitor runs at 1280x1024 and they force Firefox to scroll.

Just a little hint, not meant in a bad way, but Imageshack might be a better option next time - you can upload thumbnails which point to the full image.
Good point. Honestly, my camera's image size was larger than I realized, and resizing the image really degrades the quality.

ra7850 said:
What is the software that is running on the two computer screens?
Cool setup!

Robert
It's a program called trunker: http://www.rccons.com/trunker/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

trunkerscreenshotjuly420062ar.png

trunkerscreenshot2ug1.png

bagmouse7 said:
Can you give up a rundown on all of the software you are using?
Thanks!
The APRS program in the middle is called UIView32

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey JohnnyGalaga

That looks great man! I love night shots its to cool! Nice set up and holy handhelds!:lol:
Take care
Oh ya, awesome pics

bobbybeachbum

That's a beautiful setup. I also have a VX-7R and BCD 396T and they are great rigs. But what do you w/ all that gear when a CAT 4 is heading toward Tampa /St. Pete. I usually pack up my most valuable rigs in Pelican cases and get out of Dodge towards Atlantic Beach or somewhere else outside of the probability cone for an enforced vacation.:wink:

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Very nice but dont you want to sell me a HT-1000? :) My shack used to look like that until I moved I left half of my gear at my parents, at first it was just noise to them, then they became hooked on knowing what was going on around us!

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
bobbybeachbum said:
Another question. How do those mag mount mobile antennas work without a ground plane?

They work okay considering they're inside. They're both 800 MHz cell phone antennas which I use for trunking. They can pick up systems 15-20 miles away. I once tried a baking tray and it made no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.