My Pro-95 works with new rebanding freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

There are actually some systems out there that didn't become un-monitorable after rebanding. Knox County TN system is another that you can still use the older trunking scanners to monitor communications.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-95 post rebanding 101

I just reprogrammed my pro-95 and it works on the new rebanding frequencies in Huntsville, Al. What a surprise.
The PRO-95 does not need to know "data frequencies", only control channel frequencies. If all of the voice frequencies in the system adhere to 8xx.xxx5 MHz, older scanners will follow. If there is a voice frequency of 8xx.xxx0 MHz, then any transmissions on those specific frequencies will not be followed.

There is a system close to me which has ONE frequency which is 8xx.xxx0 MHz, so most conversations are followed just fine, and then BOOM the scanner gets lost. What some people have done is to program those voice frequencies into their scanners, IMMEDIATELY following the (up to) 4 control channel frequencies. Set the 8xx.xxx0 MHz frequencies to FM (NOT MO). When the scanner gets lost, it will either advance to the untracked frequencies, or you can press SCAN to get it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.