My Pro 96 helped in weather emergency, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9949y

Live in Eugene OR in one of its central neighborhoods. Dec 14, area suffered worst ice storm on record which left my home without power for 6 cold dreary days, quite a challenge for wife and me who are in our late '70's. Fortunately had a wood insert in fireplace and plenty of flashlights and batteries- and for any contact beyond our house had a Radio Shack Pro-96 which I haven't listened to for years. Though local law enforcement is encrypted but by listening to other communication had some idea about when and what was going on in the community and when local power was going to reconnect us.

Question: when I bought the Pro-96 in 2006 a local Radio Shack manager cloned my Pro-96 set up. I've now discovered since the ice storm that old set up is pretty much out of date. Local Radio Shack and manager are gone so I'm searching for help or sources to bring my Pro-96 stored frequencies up to date. Would appreciate suggestions and connections with this forum's posters or readers. Maybe some one else in the Eugene area with whom I could get an up to date cloned set up? Thanks

Engine104

Member since 2005
Dear N9949Y,

I'm guessing you are a pilot? :)

Have you checked the database on this website for frequencies?

If you have trunked raio systems in your area, here is what I do.. I use a program called Win96 to program trunked radio systems on my scanner. You'll also need one of these cables: https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-usb-pc-scanner-programming-cable and a premium subscription on here so you can download the systems directly from the Radio Reference web download feature into Win 96 and then into your Pro-96 scanner.

I hope that helps.

Larry (KG6EJT)

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I go to Eugene from time to time to visit family. The Lane county radioreference page is very up to date. Happy scanning!

Engine104

Member since 2005
Status
Not open for further replies.