My pro97 is not receiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Give a little more information than that. Is the signal scratchy, or is there just no sound from the speaker? Either way, explain exactly what is happening. It could be many, many things. Also, what system are you trying to receive?

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I hear the beeps when i press the keys. When I scan the weather channels, it will not pick one up. when I enter a freq and transmit on it, the scanner will not pick it up!

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
JMR3865 said:
I hear the beeps when i press the keys. When I scan the weather channels, it will not pick one up. when I enter a freq and transmit on it, the scanner will not pick it up!
Unless you are in a dead zone for the weather channels, take the unit back to Radioshack and try a new one. Try this: Turn squelch all the way down, and try to listen to all 7 weather channels and see if you can hear ANY voice. If you can't, take the scanner back.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem with my pro2067 will not RX or pick nothing up. I reset the radio nothing. I had that problem before I turn it off for a few weeks and turn it on and nothing. I left it on for a few hours I start hearing things on it. Had it for a week than turn it off and its back to dead again.

jeffrey420

JMR3865 said:

He mentioned that here.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
JMR3865 said:

Missed that part of the post, but this may be the key. How much wattage and how close were you to the scanner when you "transmitted" on the frequency? Could have blown the diode protection circuit in the front end of the 97.

brwkem

How does the unit indicate low battery?
Mine unit just the display screen goes blank then hear this clicking or whishing sound nothing else then unit shuts off.

msc

Status
Not open for further replies.