My PSR-310 saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

OK so I thought I would give it another chance. First off, the back-light for the display worked for only 5 minutes, no more.:mad: 2nd: I don't remember who mentioned it in my "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" post but yes, If you press "att" on a channel it doesn't stay.:confused:It stays on my 500 and 600. Once the radio starts to scan and returns to the station you "att" it's gone. Back goes another one.:roll:

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Wirelessly posted (BB Bold 9780: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.359 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

You're starting to sound like a drama queen Oldglide. :p

I'm just joking man, but I'm curious, what made you think the backlight was broken?

I have the ATT glitch too...I'm sure a future firmware will address that issue. I noticed though that on a channel that you put ATT on but doesn't stay activated the next pass (the issue), if you hit PROG the "A" reappears on the display. Go figure.

Jakemcgraw

Reading up in the manual, it shows to press the Func key then Att key, then it stays in the global Att mode, or you can change it in the menu from Global to Normal mode for Att on individual frequencies.

Oldglide

Backlight was really out

Everything else on the radio worked perfect, except there was no illumination of the display. It would flicker on and off and eventually went off totally. Turned on the radio the next day and it worked. Ran it for 8 hrs. straight, no problem. As for the "att" button. On my 500 and 600 when the radio stops on an active channel and you press the "att" the big A appears on the display and stays active on that channel until you push the "att" again when the radio stops on the channel. It works the same way on the 310 EXCEPT, when the radio starts to scan after pressing the "att" the big A goes away and if the radio stops on that same channel, there is no attenuation. GRE says they're not aware of any problem.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Wirelessly posted (BB Bold 9780: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.359 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Yes, that's exactly the issue, well said.

And again, what's weird is that when "the radio stops on that same channel and there's no attenuation" if you press MAN or PRG the A reappears. So something aint right...not operator error.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
psr310 woes?

I own the psr310 and it performs flawlessly. no issues with the att feature?! try looking at the settings in global menu as a value may be out of line with proper default settings.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
and the TRUTH shall set you free

The GRE America web site has firmware version 1.1 available. The release notes say it fixes the attenuator problem.
Sweet.
Thanks for letting us know Don...I was just at their site last night. Since they posted it this morning, I wouldn't have seen it probably for another couple of days.

I just finished uploading the new firmware and it's working as it should now.

I'm ready to move forward. You guys?

Mike_G_D

Yep! Thanks Don! The new firmware seems to have fixed it (the ATT bug)! I figured it would be fixed soon after it was found based on my experience with the 500. Though it is strange that they didn't catch it before the initial release as it's a pretty overt feature issue.

-Mike

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I find it very interesting and I am very pleased to see that GRE has responded so soon with an upgrade or fix toa bug that was just recently reported and relatively new. Nice going GRE! :D

Manny

Last edited:

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Well, something is very wrong. I just tried to do the update. My scanner will not communicate with the computer according to the "Test" feature ( yes I have the right comm port) and now it just turns on in the CPU update more and it will not do anything else. HELP.......:confused:

Manny
I thought pressing any button exited the update mode. I assume you've pressed a button? and it's still in that mode?

EDIT: I guess you got it figured out? hehe

Oldglide

The backlight went out for good

Yep, that's right, the back-light went out for good. The longer it was off the longer it would stay on until it never came back on at all. Sent it back.:( I really liked it but after 2 units with problems:eek: I don't know.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Yep, that's right, the back-light went out for good. The longer it was off the longer it would stay on until it never came back on at all. Sent it back.:( I really liked it but after 2 units with problems:eek: I don't know.
You did remember to switch back the faceplates right?! hehe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.