My PSR-800 Just Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Well first of all I get Error code it will not let me download the GRE install program let me call GRE real quick...I have yet to even power on the PSR-800

bkantor

I ran into the same problem and found the solution on their website:

On some systems, attempting to install the EZ Scan Digital PC Application will result in an "Error 740" message. This message indicates that the installer does not have the access required to install the application onto the computer. This error is typically caused by the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

To successfully install the PC Application, navigate to the Software folder on the CD-ROM or the folder where you downloaded the installer. Right click on the installer and select the "Run as Administrator" option from the menu that appears. This should allow the installer to run and properly install the PC Application.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
I ran into the same problem and found the solution on their website:

On some systems, attempting to install the EZ Scan Digital PC Application will result in an "Error 740" message. This message indicates that the installer does not have the access required to install the application onto the computer. This error is typically caused by the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

To successfully install the PC Application, navigate to the Software folder on the CD-ROM or the folder where you downloaded the installer. Right click on the installer and select the "Run as Administrator" option from the menu that appears. This should allow the installer to run and properly install the PC Application.

got it thanks....Boy oh boy when i open the program i was like what have i gotten my self into...This stuff looks difficult...i'm updating it right now then i will go from there...

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Thanks SOOO much to exportdawg for helping me get this thing up and running the way i wanted...Thanks again!!!

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
No problem, enjoy the scanner and remember to make sure it's powered off before hooking it up to the computer. Have fun scanning!

Thanks...when you press the ATT button...What does the G And Ga mean? Oh ya I really Need the 800MHZ antenna lol I'm missing a few transmissions lol not many tho

exportdawg

Thanks...when you press the ATT button...What does the G And Ga mean? Oh ya I really Need the 800MHZ antenna lol I'm missing a few transmissions lol not many tho

LEAVE THE ATT OFF. G on is correct, but not with the ATT. You are not in a location where ATT is needed.
Get you a radio shack 800mzh Antenna 800MHz Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com
For the money, best 800mhz Duck around...imo

PS: Stop pushing buttons :)

And to Answer your question, You only want the "G", not the Ga(means ATT is on for Global attenuate)

Last edited:

exportdawg

so leave the G on but dont put the GA on correct? lol gotta press some buttons haha

"G" on = Good for you. "G" means Global fwiw. The Ga (Bad for you) reduces you reception. The ATT is used when you are around allot of towers(Micro Wave, etc) or in a big city with multiple interferences

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
"G" on = Good for you. "G" means Global fwiw. The Ga (Bad for you) reduces you reception. The ATT is used when you are around allot of towers(Micro Wave, etc) or in a big city with multiple interferences

Ok cool...I looked up Highlands County which i would like to monitor also and they have NO Freqs or TGID's at all...I got a buddy that is a cop down there he is gunnna try and get me the north and south TGID's or Freq's....Now my next thing is learn how to program just a freq i found or TGID i found...

Status
Not open for further replies.