My Radio Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
I just move to another state and I left my radio to broadcast feed where I use to live is they anyway to have access to my scanner when I am not they? Like if I need to make any change what I scan or hold on one channel. Is they a software that will do what I want to do?

Last edited:

nexus

It all depends on the scanner you have. First question is: Does your scanner hook up to the DB9 or USB port on your computer? If yes, you can most likely control it with software, if no, then it's not possible.

If yes, then you'd need software designed to control your scanner, it really depends on what model you have, say for instance it's a Uniden BCD996T, you'd want to use something like BCtool or ARC996. Then you'd need to use something like the free service LOGMEIN at www.logmein.com which is very reliable and stable. It allows you to connect to your computer at home via ANY computer connected to the internet with a web browser. Unlike VNC you don't need to install software on the computer you're using, just needs an internet connection with a web browser. And it's free. I use it all the time to access my computers remotely.

You'd use logmein to gain access to the desktop of your pc at home, from there you'd simply launch the scanner software you use to control the scanner and begin manipulating it from there. It's real simple.

NYRHKY94

I use LogMeIn as my primary remote access tool. It's a great program that is easy to use and also free (although I do pay for a Pro license as well). Two of my scanner feeds are located at remote locations, so LogMeIn is used quite regularly to access the computers the remote scanners are hooked up to. I also use RDP and ULtraVNC for remote access at times.

In terms of "all-in-one" remote access/remote control software both Proscan and Win500 offer this functionality if your scanner is compatible with either or both of those great programs.

wmullins8195

Either solution is acceptable, the VNC route just takes a little more technical knowledge to configure.

If you have a "modern" scanner that was in the mid- to high-range, I am sure it will be configurable by PC. You can just install the software on the machine that is hosting your feed, and access the computer to change the settings. For example, with Win500 and my Pro-197, I can even use the software's "monitor" feature to push buttons on the front of the scanner remotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.