My radio room, ongoing project

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZ_Redneck

KC0UWS said:
Nice collection! I love that 101ZD!

Thanks, I wanted one for a long time before I finally found it.

I'll post new pics soon, I've added to the collection since those pics were taken.

gcgrotz

Wow! Knight Kits - that brings back some memories. My first stereo was a Knight Kit amplifier that I built. It had some sort of problem where one of the output tubes would start glowing red kind of like a 3-500. Only when I played it too loud.

And the Dx-160, I had one of them too.

And I too love those cool brown shelving units.

Great toys, OZ.

red8

K9WSS said:
It was actually a Knight-Kit Star Roamer if that's the model you're referring to. Built my first one, to get struck by lightning one week later. Actually, the wire dipole was hit right off the rain gutter of my parents' house when I was 14 years old. Took out everything on the circuit including the sump pump in the cellar right below my bedroom.
I remember when I was about 10, my dad put together a Knight-Kit Star Roamer. It was a cool radio. It quit working one day and I could never find the schematic to try to fix it.
red8

OZ_Redneck

yaesuft60 said:
NiCE Looks like your in to CB's Right ON

Hi, yes I was into CBs many years ago and these days they go fairly cheap on ebay, so i purchased a few that i'd always wanted back in the day.

Im going to sell most of them though, they take up too much room. im keeping my Washington and Navaho Base stations, a Cobra 146 and an old Uniden grant (Not in the picture) and i'll sell the rest.

The room looks a bit different now to when I took the pic, I now have a few more boat anchor HF receivers and a couple more scanners and handheld transceivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.