• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

My Rant, How RUDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

Im thought Ive seen it all, well today During Lunch my wife and I went to a
Hibachi grill.

Well since you have to sit with others, most people are very friendly and talk to each other, right? NOT IF YOU ARE IN THE MILITARY!

Because of my short hair cut an older fellow wearing a Uniform asked me if I was in the Military, "I said no" he said "well too bad if you were I would of bought your meal"
And from that point on he didnt want to have anything to do with me, or anyone else at that table...WTF????????

Its not that im jealous he didnt buy my meal, its that he was irrogant, and didnt talk to anyone as if he is the ruler of the world.
I though people in the Military were supposed to be some of the most friendly people around?
And to top it all off I got stuck behind him in the parking lot, took 8mins for him to drive 20ft!!!!! in his stupid Mercedes!

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Shortwavewave said:
Im thought Ive seen it all, well today During Lunch my wife and I went to a
Hibachi grill.

Well since you have to sit with others, most people are very friendly and talk to each other, right? NOT IF YOU ARE IN THE MILITARY!

Because of my short hair cut an older fellow wearing a Uniform asked me if I was in the Military, "I said no" he said "well too bad if you were I would of bought your meal"
And from that point on he didnt want to have anything to do with me, or anyone else at that table...WTF????????

Its not that im jealous he didnt buy my meal, its that he was irrogant, and didnt talk to anyone as if he is the ruler of the world.
I though people in the Military were supposed to be some of the most friendly people around?
And to top it all off I got stuck behind him in the parking lot, took 8mins for him to drive 20ft!!!!! in his stupid Mercedes!
Lesson learned. Next time lie :lol: :evil: :lol:

wogggieee

Shortwavewave said:
There is always an exception to the rule. All it takes is one person to give a group a bad image.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
You say he was in "a" uniform. What uniform? What was his rank? Be certain it wasn't just some idiot wearing parts of a uniform. There are plenty of them out there.

Shortwavewave

His unifom was Light Green and a Squre'ish hat, he had badges, and arrows. I dont know what rank he was.

Oh no I hope it wasnt a "??..Wacker Military Guy..??"

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Guys who have been there and done that, usually don't want to talk about it or advertise it. This guy was probably some military wanna-be. Another crack pot in a world that is full of them. Too bad you had to be seated next to him, but that's the chance you take when you do the Hibachi thing!!!

brian13pickle

He could have been dressed as a Boy Scout Master "wannabe" . I don't think a real scout leader would have been a rude jerk like that. I just can't understand people like that. BTW I would sit and talk with you and your wife over lunch/dinner, of course, you would have to pay !!!! LOL

commscanaus

Oh well,

Some people are heroes in their own lunchboxes. Don't let him bother you- he has no doubt been treated the same way and finds it appropriate to pass it on to those he sees as his inferior.

If he is in the military- he may one day learn the lesson that he isn't bulletproof and that bullets don't discriminate like he does.

Commscanaus.

vsny

I know , I have nothing but respect for the military. I was at a party last year talking to a guy and his wife and SOMEHOW we got on the subject of military service, and I said , yes, I am a Vietnam era vet.
Their next response was the words "thank you for serving".
I can not tell you how much I was shocked by a positive comment on a job I did 40 years ago.This was the first time ANYONE ever said the words thank you to me. I was a"US" (aka "drafted") not an "RA" (enlistee).
When I packed my duffle bag to come home those many years ago, we were told to make sure our civvies were packed last so we could change out of our OD Greens in the first bathroom we could find because of the anti military folks that stalked out the incoming flights from overseas and curse , throw garbage etc. at anyone wearing their OD's.
Yeah, I know , it was 4 decades ago, but we weren't treated well when we got home....understated.
My bottom line to this post, pay it forward.....thank you to all vets, past and present...now lets get Bush out of office and not replace him with another gun slinger who is too quick to get 4,000 of our kids killed, and have a VA Hospital system so underfunded it should be a crime.
Done grinding my axe now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.