My Remote Listening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwh367

Scanner.jpg
This is my remote listening post. I have it patched into a personal audio feed for friends and family. In addition I can listen to it through the amplified speakers, or through a bluetooth audio stream, both of which are real time. I can also monitor and remotely control the scanner through a separate feed that I have set up for myself only. This allows me to only need one scanner for both home and away and my smartphone is much more convenient to carry around. I also run recording software so that if I miss something I can go back and listen to it.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Someone could set that up in a closet on the second floor or attic space to take advantage of the elevation without the need to go up on the roof! I used to do that over my network with a Uniden.

markspoo

Premium Subscriber
What software are you using for this. I have been thinking of the same thing but for mobile application.

Thanks

dwh367

What software are you using for this. I have been thinking of the same thing but for mobile application.

Thanks

For the server software I'm using WIN500. There is a free client available, for Windows PCs, from the same author (Starrsoft). For my Android phone I use a 3rd party client from The Software Handyman as Starrsoft doesn't make one available.

dwh367

Thanks
For the server software I'm using WIN500. There is a free client available, for Windows PCs, from the same author (Starrsoft). For my Android phone I use a 3rd party client from The Software Handyman as Starrsoft doesn't make one available.

Forgot to mention I connect to the feed computer via a VNC. I can also use this method to control the scanner, by accessing the software and reading and writing to it, but it's not nearly as convenient as using the clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.