my scanner stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replay past events?

I have been listening to Mesa Fire, The feed which has recently shut down and I assume replaced by your stream?
Unfortunately, seeing the low number of listeners to your stream, I think makes a statement.
I am not complaining just making a statement. I have been listening for many months (Mesa Fire) and have a new respect for the Mesa Fire Department and the incredible work they do. But alas that great feed is now gone. Again I am only speaking my mind and my opinion.
Your feed tends to be confusing. I think streaming DPS, Rural Metro and all the others takes away from Mesa Fire.
Last I have a question, I realized today, Thursday May 3, that you must record fire events Mesa Fire and replay the event many times.There was an apartment fire on East Pecos today that that you have played back at least 3 times? What is the purpose?
I feel this is unfair to listeners who may log on to listen and hear what they may think is a real time event but is actually a past event being replayed?

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
That apartment fire you heard

Is a drill they have been doing the same drill for several days now not sure why. I took all pd down by your request so just Mesa Fire, Rural metro and forest service.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
mesa fire

I contacted Mesa Fire prevention, again the apartment fire that you heard was not a real fire. This fire was a drill, from what I gather there is doing testing of radio for the new switch over. The person would not give me to much info as I was asking question and she was not giving me straight answers. There are times where the radio traffic sounds gargled nothing I can do about that, it's digital radio for you. The only reason I have mesa up along with rural metro because they do assist the forest service which I am a retired forest service fire fighter for Tonto. Within 5 months from now you will not beable to hear mesa fire because they will be moving to the new radio system and very few scanners pick up the new radio system. My scanner is only up for the forest fire season. My scanner is up for the fire season for the last 5 yrs. The forest service radios are getting harder and harder to pick up every year due to repeater issues that they have every yr and do not want to spend the money and get them fixed. Digital radio sound good if the wind is blowing the right direction, when the wind is blowing like it has been for the last 2 weeks thier radio is very hard to pick up. The highest repeater they have is on MT Ord just outside of mesa. But for some reason the repeaters have been switching over to Aztec and Diamond point for radio traffic nothing new for Tonto.
So like I said I realy think they are doing radio test with the new system which is why your hearing the same info. I closed the software down and made sure that the recording was indeed coming from the scanner. I do not record any fires. any questions call me at 480-246-1229. Thanks Thomas

WIS262

What Ian Mesa Fire switching to? Last I heard they were brining VHF back for hazard channels but keeping their Digital for non-hazard calls.

Thanks for the info about the national forest, I've been having a heck of a time hearing them, thought it was my radio but now I know to look for the other repeaters.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Why did they get new frequencies? They already had 8 VHF channels.

John
Peoria

It looks like they are going to 5 VHF Repeaters which would be something that they were able to find these frequency pairs available.

eg153wftx

Locations.

When putting out broadcastfy alerts for Mesa could you please give nearest major cross streets or atleast east or westside, Glilbert, AJ..thanks..

J

jlmaddencc

Actually like 13:
GRE PSR-800
Radio Shack Pro-668
Uniden BCD325P2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD996P2, HomePatrol-2
Whistler WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, WS1098, TRX-1, TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.