My SDS200 stops receiving and sending audio to ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikbirdradio

What about the operator of all gear and software involved? There is a very strong possibility the culprit may be me.

Another member on the Proscan page suggested I check (enable) the Loop Back box under Proscan's Monitor tab. I am hopeful that will resolve my issue.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If you get audio out of the speakers and it stops all by its self then you need to look at the hardware.
1 Screen Saver turned off.
2 Power savings turned off.
3 Hibernate turned off
4 Everything turned on computer never sleeps.
5 With the above setup that leaves the router.
This setup has run for over 2 months no drops. I moved all 16 scanners and PC to an new 18U rack with 4 hour UPS.
20190506_201103_resized_2.jpg

jjbond

Banned
Banned
It had nothing to do with ProScan for sure.

I agree, and when I mentioned digging into it in Proscan, I meant the RR file that got imported to the radio, not into Proscan itself, if I came across implying it was a Proscan issue, I'm sorry, my intent was the opposite.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Another member on the Proscan page suggested I check (enable) the Loop Back box under Proscan's Monitor tab. I am hopeful that will resolve my issue.
I recall stating that to someone very recently so it may have been me, if so I was discussing how I monitored via Wi-Fi locally as I had no intent to stream outside my firewall but that allowed me to listen.

Rikbirdradio

Mule1075 informed me of the Loopback checkbox. And yes, it worked. I too (at this point) am only interested in the remote access and control over the LAN. It's kind of a challenge for me; if there's a feature offered I usually invoke it to beat the technical challenge of making it work. Perhaps it was due to the whole Siren debacle with my two 536's. With this latest SDS200 to LAN connection, I took it one step further by connecting to the LAN wirelessly.

jjbond: I think I recall you doing the same via a wireless dongle. Correct?

WoodburyMan

If you get audio out of the speakers and it stops all by its self then you need to look at the hardware.
1 Screen Saver turned off.
2 Power savings turned off.
3 Hibernate turned off
4 Everything turned on computer never sleeps.
5 With the above setup that leaves the router.
This setup has run for over 2 months no drops. I moved all 16 scanners and PC to an new 18U rack with 4 hour UPS.
View attachment 72398
One word. WOW.
I would love to see the details on that elaborate setup sometime. (Scanners themselves vs ProScan, as ProScan multiple instances is relatively straight forward, although elaborate with multiple inputs/outputs). Alas its a bit off topic for this thread.

More on topic...
I have a SDS200 as well and use Network connection to my system running ProScan. SDS200 is setup with a static IP. The system I have ProScan on can reboot/whatever and it will auto reconnect to the SDS200 on boot no matter what just fine. What I did notice that the SDS200, if the network switch it is plugged into reboots or resets (When I do firmware upgrades on it, or simply reboot the switch) the SDS200's Network Port will NOT light up on boot or respond to ping or anything, and switch shows it offline. I have to physically turn the SDS200 off and on for it to pick the network back up, or unplug the network cable and plug it back in again. It's like it has some feature that turns the network port off if it isn't connected, but only comes back on if the jack is physically reset or the system power cycled.

scanner8143

Feed Provider
I agree, and when I mentioned digging into it in Proscan, I meant the RR file that got imported to the radio, not into Proscan itself, if I came across implying it was a Proscan issue, I'm sorry, my intent was the opposite.

I am not using the RR Database file, I manually input the Carbon County Freqs as I did with all the Freqs for the SDS200.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
jjbond: I think I recall you doing the same via a wireless dongle. Correct?
Correct, the Vonets wifi to ethernet bridge adapter... I wrote a bit about it here: https://forums.radioreference.com/t...connecting-to-your-sds200.385085/post-3143517

But I've since just run a cable to a spare Airport Extreme I had kicking around, turned off the wifi and am using it as a hub.

Remember that if you use a tool like Sirens and are able to control the radio over the network but not get audio, it's because there is still another connection that's keeping it from working, happened to me today and I realized Filezilla was still connected...

From this post: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/siren-sds200.383022/post-3098423

The scanner streams using Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). This protocol only allows one connection at a time. So if you were listening on your PC, then tried it with Siren, Siren would be able to connect to the device over IP, but not stream because it had established a connection someplace else.

I'm REALLY loving the read / write using FTP via Proscan, so much faster than even Sentinel via USB.

Rikbirdradio

Thanks, jjbond. I have no issue with Siren simply because I will not use Siren.

I am looking forward to the positive outcome of the first time I cycle a read/write update through the wireless LAN connection.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Thanks, jjbond. I have no issue with Siren simply because I will not use Siren.

I am looking forward to the positive outcome of the first time I cycle a read/write update through the wireless LAN connection.
You'll be impressed... ftp read write was fast and painless.

Status
Not open for further replies.