My set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca01

This is my starting set up after having my other stuff taking by my old landlord. Ok so here is my break down for now.

Radio:
Puxing 777 and it covers Co fire dispatch and tac channels
BC785D digital and it covers the city fire and police. (It has seen better days) it will not talk to the computer for some reason.

Computer:
Acer Predator G3610 with 6.00 GB running window 7 home. For now it is running only the proscan.
Dell Laptop with 1.00 running windows vista. It has on it Unitrunker, SDR, Win500 and proscan.

Attachments

• Scanner set up.jpg
    Scanner set up.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,197

ca01

Yes I was away on busness and why I was gone he had the idea of kicking us out and my wife did not know that he could not do that without a court order. So on the day he told her to be out he change the locks. All my stuff was in there.

ca01

yes I did file a police report and was told unless I can show that he has it or had it there is very little that can be done about it. Hey do not knock the mouse pad it was free LoL. All in all I think there is maybe 200 dollar in the new setup. I am thinking maybe next week I will be able to add more radios. What I need to be happy is 6 cheap alph scanners and a bct 15.

That dose not make sense..If your landlord did what can be looked at as a unlawful entry and seized your property that amounts to theft,possibly larceny.
You need to contact a lawyer and find out the real reason why the PD is not acting.The LL was the only one with access and has admitted to entering illegally.A true evict would have been done with a constable or sheriff to ensure the eviction was done legally.

Seems like theres got to be more to it.An eviction has to be filed in court.Not just show up and change locks.

If its how you say you need to get away from the local city or town PD and seek help from the county sheriff or state PD.At least call both offices and see what their advice is.

You seem to be taking getting ripped off Way better than I would.But Im a very emotional guy...

KM4WLV

Not sure of the law out that way, but in North Carolina to evict someone you have to go file eviction papers. The Sheriff's Office then delivers the eviction notice. You can appeal it in court, and then if approved they have to give you 30 days before you have to be gone.

What he did since he didn't take you to court is illegal. Removing your property without eviction is in fact larceny. If he had legally evicted you then he can remove the items, then has to store them for you to retrieve. You'd then have to pay the storage fees. I don't remember the mount of time but after so long in storage he can sell said equipment to recoop whatever cost may be involved to ready the residence for the next person who rents it.

ca01

yes I know the law but my wife did not. he did it all why I was out of town. I have talk to a lawyer. I also file a police report on what happen and that is where we are at. Waiting on the next step to happen. Untill then I can not sit around. That is all I am going to say about it. On a side note I would like to say thank you to everyone that has try to help me but I will come out better then what I had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.