60.7 KB · Views: 451
  • S6301699.jpg
    S6301699.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 499
  • S6301700.jpg
    S6301700.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 556

hntsgt

"Looks like a police stakeout!" That's so funny but true!

"nonchalant"... is a good decription. Is that a sheet hanging from the window?

KC0QNB

The first two pics are OOF (out of focus, as a guess the shutter speed was too slow, and you moved (motion blur)),try using a flash. The other two are ok. But I have to ask whats with the radio near the ceiling?:confused:

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
The first two pics are OOF (out of focus, as a guess the shutter speed was too slow, and you moved (motion blur)),try using a flash. The other two are ok. But I have to ask whats with the radio near the ceiling?:confused:

I use 800 Mhz in town i pick it up like crap i need to get a outside 800mhz Ant

af5rn

I use 800 Mhz in town i pick it up like crap i need to get a outside 800mhz Ant
That would definitely help, but is not necessarily required. How far away are you from "in town"? Unless "in town" is more than ten miles away, you should be able to receive the system fine with a decent indoor antenna. Those telescopic Rat Shack antennas are notoriously poor performers. You could get something like the pmm3b mag mount and stick it on top of the metal radio case, or better yet, on top of a metal file cabinet or air conditioner unit, and probably get all the performance you need.

But don't let me discourage you from getting a rooftop antenna, because that is indeed the best solution, and will get you stations that you never even knew existed. Always the best choice, when possible.

KC0QNB

That would definitely help, but is not necessarily required. How far away are you from "in town"? Unless "in town" is more than ten miles away, you should be able to receive the system fine with a decent indoor antenna. Those telescopic Rat Shack antennas are notoriously poor performers. You could get something like the pmm3b mag mount and stick it on top of the metal radio case, or better yet, on top of a metal file cabinet or air conditioner unit, and probably get all the performance you need.

But don't let me discourage you from getting a rooftop antenna, because that is indeed the best solution, and will get you stations that you never even knew existed. Always the best choice, when possible.
Provided you do it right and don't post another "whats the best base antenna? thread

Status
Not open for further replies.