My shack [NOT a command post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedeb

Picture032.jpg

Scanner and Ham gear RS PRO 2046 and 2050, Kenwood TM 733 dualband mobile/base [not shown is a RS HTX 212 2 meter base/mobile with a plug on the power wire to plug into car.]

Picture034.jpg

Portable scanners, and 2 mtr HT RS PRO 60, Pro 70, HTX 202 2 meter HT

Not shown is Radio Shack DX 392 Shortwave reciever, RS portable weather monitor, and an Oregon Scientfic weather monitor on my headboard

VE7CFF

shack photos

Looks fairly neat and organized, I too have an old HTX202 sitting on my shelf along with Yaesu VX10, FT50R, FT60R & Alinco DJG5 (my first radio). I like how you refer to it as a shack and not a command post. I have worked command posts and a radio op for SAR and other groups. My shack is a shack and listening post.

Larry

reedeb

Thanks, it's actually very messy [papers and such everywhere]. I too have worked command posts in the past and since I no longer command anything [not even my cat] It's my shack. I do need to get a digital scanner some time as everyone is going that route.

Looks nice.

I see you are addicted...to "Stacking". I'm the same way. I convinced that my cause of death on the death certificate will read "The victim was found under a highly organized pile of various electronic equipment, computer monitors,rubber bands and other office supplies. A large bowl of pistachio shells were found nearby. The cordless phone was found off-hook with a dead battery."

I also see you have the scissors handy for cut & paste on the forums. Nice!

From experience, keep stacking until the stack starts to quiver when a car goes by.....

Kasmus

I'm truthfully amazed that even in the year 2012, 15 years after digital cameras entered the consumer market, it is still possible to produce pictures of that quality.

C'mon - how many hours of Photoshop did you spend to achieve that retro look?

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Good looking command post, oops sorry, I mean shack you have there LOL. As someone else said, looks like you've got it all covered.

KC0CSE

The RadioShack day's when they sold and knew all about ham radio .....HTX 202!!! got one too!! still working like new!!! I miss those day's.....radio shack is where I got interested in ham radio....the manager was a ham....some of the help was too....wow look at them now...do you have any PL259's??? uh is that for a phone?...du du du...I have battery's on sale would you like some?....

Last edited:

reedeb

I'm truthfully amazed that even in the year 2012, 15 years after digital cameras entered the consumer market, it is still possible to produce pictures of that quality.

C'mon - how many hours of Photoshop did you spend to achieve that retro look?

It's actually from my laptop camera. Only camera I own.

LanceS2022

Nice Setup!

Nice touch with the thread name;) Those Radio Shack scanners in the picture, remind me of how much fun I use to have with my Pro 2006 scanner back in the 90's. Thanks for posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.