My "shack" or collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

PACNWDude

The night picture with the lit up displays looks cool.

Still moving things around in my shack. It gets lots of dust too. All the fans, computers and plastic and all, just accumulates dust. No worries though it still looks great and as long as you enjoy it.

Great to see a shack actually being used. Neighbors have nice looking shacks, but then when you ask them to turn everything on, well only one out of every 5-6 radios is even plugged in.

W5JER

How many BTUs are those CRT monitors putting off? I remember back when I was in college I had one when I stayed in my Grandmothers basement. It literally heated my bedroom. Nice setup!

xrorx

Premium Subscriber
Great setup, but help me understand, when you have so many radios, how do you use them. Do you set them to one frequency vs. scanning so you don't miss a transmission?

joeuser

The Wretched
The night picture with the lit up displays looks cool.

Still moving things around in my shack. It gets lots of dust too. All the fans, computers and plastic and all, just accumulates dust. No worries though it still looks great and as long as you enjoy it.

Great to see a shack actually being used. Neighbors have nice looking shacks, but then when you ask them to turn everything on, well only one out of every 5-6 radios is even plugged in.

Yeah, I clean up the dust when I'm doing something serious but do "dust" weekly... Forget it.

I've always been into radio but now its no longer a side, its my main interest. Always had a radio around but after college & getting married/kids I just started collecting. I wasn't losing any in moves, selling & upgrading, etc... I've been able to get most of the radios I had when I was younger now.

joeuser

The Wretched
How many BTUs are those CRT monitors putting off? I remember back when I was in college I had one when I stayed in my Grandmothers basement. It literally heated my bedroom. Nice setup!

Yeah, I don't heat my offices in the winter... No need. Typically, I have about 6 systems running at any given time, a few laptops, screens, all those radios, etc... Thanks!

joeuser

The Wretched
Great setup, but help me understand, when you have so many radios, how do you use them. Do you set them to one frequency vs. scanning so you don't miss a transmission?

Depends, but yes - that's one way. I also use each one to search a set part of a frequency range. I'd like to find more ways to use them also!

joeuser

The Wretched
And my wife thinks I have too many scanners...

Yeah & I didn't show 4 other scanners in my den & my truck! That being said, I don't think many ladies would allow 4 antennas to be mounted on their house either. She's a rabid sports fan & loves "beer"...

Sorry gents - she's taken! :p

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Aw, come on!

First you get us drooling over the shack and all the gear you have in it.

Next you tell us about your wife and her finer points.

Have some mercy on us, will you?

joeuser

The Wretched
Just perfecting my shack, well - the mini shack... Testing my HP 1 & 2 on my ST2 & Centerfire antennas.

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_213313.jpg
    IMG_20150311_213313.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 454

SCPD

QRT

You can never have enough radios. The more the better to listen to more and less chance of missing something and have available ones to search for new stuff.

77Impala

My wife surprised me last month and told me to order a digital receiving scanner. We were planing out our tax refund for a few weeks and once we had it she surprised me. Needless to say I got on the pc and looked for what I thought would be a good one. And I am happy with my new to me BCD396XT. And I still have my old BC210 still running as well.

My darling wife even lets me run the handheld during the night.

When we first got married I had a RS Pro??? handheld that was analog receiving and she was impressed with the local Skywarn ham operators and their weather information as it happened.

That is a very nice radio setup you have there. I do doubt my wife would let me have any where near that amount, LOL. I may see if I can get a BCD996XT in the future though.

joeuser

The Wretched
My wife surprised me last month and told me to order a digital receiving scanner. We were planing out our tax refund for a few weeks and once we had it she surprised me. Needless to say I got on the pc and looked for what I thought would be a good one. And I am happy with my new to me BCD396XT. And I still have my old BC210 still running as well.

My darling wife even lets me run the handheld during the night.

When we first got married I had a RS Pro??? handheld that was analog receiving and she was impressed with the local Skywarn ham operators and their weather information as it happened.

That is a very nice radio setup you have there. I do doubt my wife would let me have any where near that amount, LOL. I may see if I can get a BCD996XT in the future though.

Good radios! I've reached my $ limit though, I'll let the dust settle now!

joeuser

The Wretched
THE END!?!?

So, I feel like I got my radios & stuff just like I want them... for now, sure - but it *will* be a long time before I update / add / etc. I'm really comfortable with this setup...

Without further delay...

Some old classics day - night

Attachments

• WP_20150314_004.jpg
    WP_20150314_004.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 118
  • WP_20150314_009.jpg
    WP_20150314_009.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.