My shack/shop and other goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
DSC_0004.jpg

Some of my 7100s. I have more. :D

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Part of my test equipment collection at the shop.

DSC_0002.jpg

Some of the radios that live on the shelves above the test bench.

DSC_0007.jpg

My sharpest tool: A calibrated spectrum analyzer with tracking generator. Currently on
display: A M/A-Com 800 MHz P7100IP with a synth lock failure. in this mode, the radio
is a jamming device. Transmit with it and any trunking radio in its range will go to CC scan.

Elroy

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
It's a standard keyboard attached to one of the shop's radio programming PCs. They're customized for a medical application and I've picked up several for free. They're expensive Keytronic keyboards, which I have a definite preference for. When you use a keyboard as much as I do, you learn to appreciate the differences in keyboards. Keytronics are the only keyboards I use.

Elroy

bezking

Interesting... I'm a network administrator Mon-Fri and my Microsoft keyboard is putting me on the fast track to Carpal Tunnel so I'll have to look into this company..

Thanks!

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
The blue busy LED is a custom touch. When I get the right size blue LEDs, all backlights on that radio will be blue.

I've done every color, in the past. In one radio, even!

They're not bad radios but their rx audio quality is always subject to improvement. I improve it by removing the speaker from the housing, apply an X of electrical tape to the face of the speaker, and then reinstalliing it in the housing, taking care to ensure that the speaker is fully resealed and the assembly remains waterproof.

Two of the pictured radios are fully P25 trunking ready. All necessary options are there, and the firmware and DSP code supports P25.

Elroy

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Yes, all are digital. ProVoice or P25 conventional, or DES, or AES, or P25 trunked, or some combination thereof.

I repaired one UHF low band radio that still has an active encryption key in it! And P25 trunking!

I work at a small radio shop in Melbourne, FL. PM me for details if you want them.

I've been meaning to reorganize my bench area. It should look considerably neater and better
organized when I take care of that.

I must apologize for the lack of Motorola equipment in this setup. I believe Motorola makes a better
product, but in my county, we're stuck with EDACS so that determines my radio selections. And
I've learned a lot about EDACS radios, in part because an opportunity presented itself.

Elroy

zuzu

When you use a keyboard as much as I do, you learn to appreciate the differences in keyboards. Keytronics are the only keyboards I use.
Real programmers use the IBM Model M keyboard.

My sharpest tool: A calibrated spectrum analyzer with tracking generator. Currently on display: A M/A-Com 800 MHz P7100IP with a synth lock failure. in this mode, the radio is a jamming device. Transmit with it and any trunking radio in its range will go to CC scan.
Woah.

Status
Not open for further replies.