My shack, still in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8wdx

This is my shack, I just moved everything here from a different room, did not get the BC 796D in the pictures, it is in the car, will be here soon, and all of this is not permanent yet. stuff will get moved.

1) Yaesu FT-897D HF/VHF/UHF All mode, runs into a Ameritron AL 811H through a Palstar AT2K tuner on the HF side goes it a 43 Foot Zero-Five multiband 160-10m Ground mounted Vertical with 120 50 foot ground radials,this setup smokes on HF. on the 2M and 70cm side goes into a Tram dual band antenna on the roof of the house, on the other side of the house is a Cushcraft ringo 6M Vertical, I am currently working on a VHF/UHF beam array.

2) 4 deep cycle 75 AH 130 min marine batteries attatched to a 48 volt Liebert UPS, for weeks of back up power.

3)My 2m APRS rig, with the USB signalink, works like a charm, one day I will show a pic of my mobile, Kenwood D710 with the AV Map G5 gps system and my uniden 796D

4) My 20 inch monitor with APRS in action, I really like APRS,I run an I gate at the house which mean that as RF traffic comes into the area, it goes through my station and over the internet. google aprs.fi for info.

5) 2M amp, I help run a simplex net in the local area and the preamp and the amp it self comes in handy during the net.

I will post some pictures of my HF antenna one day, so stay tuned. I am proud of that antenna, I worked on it for 6 months.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_2448.JPG
    tn_IMG_2448.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 670
  • tn_IMG_2453.JPG
    tn_IMG_2453.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 857
  • tn_IMG_2455.JPG
    tn_IMG_2455.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 638
  • tn_IMG_2454.JPG
    tn_IMG_2454.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 618
  • tn_IMG_2450.JPG
    tn_IMG_2450.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 655

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
4 deep cycle 75 AH 130 min marine batteries attatched to a 48 volt Liebert UPS, for weeks of back up power.

Weeks of capacity to power what and at what wattage settings? Just curious what sort of testing you have put that through and what equipment you would run under a complete power outage.

As an apartment dweller, I have to make certain choices in backup power. I would be able to keep batteries outside but would not really like to do that with the extremes in temps they would get, but using golf cart batteries would be quite a bit cheaper from the beginning than anything I would feel comfortable having inside.

k8wdx

Weeks of capacity to power what and at what wattage settings? Just curious what sort of testing you have put that through and what equipment you would run under a complete power outage.

As an apartment dweller, I have to make certain choices in backup power. I would be able to keep batteries outside but would not really like to do that with the extremes in temps they would get, but using golf cart batteries would be quite a bit cheaper from the beginning than anything I would feel comfortable having inside.

In an apartment set up you could use a gel cell, although that would cost, as far as testing my system, have not done that yet for a long period of time, went with the power disconnected for one day and operated HF 100 watts, and vhf/uhf as I would normally do, for the whole day and the system did not loose a thing, I will do further testing at a later time, I do have a friend who put 2 Deep cycle marine batteries in his van and they lasted over two weeks of 2 1/2 hour total commute 5 days a week at 50 watts. and they where still going, The only reason I have not tested it yet for a real long period of time is because I need to go back into the ups and disconnect that pesky beeping it does every 10 seconds when power is off. that is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.