My Shack updated 09-15-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunker0205

Now that im back into the hobby after a 2 year break,it was time to get some new equipment..I had a Bc-780 I sold that and got the BCD-996T,then I sold the Bc-895XLT to get the 898T I kept the Pro-2042 I like it better than the Pro-2006 which I sold to pay for some of this new stuff.
I still have my Sony Wavehawk which I will keep til it's not working anymore..

My wife still can't understand why I need 5 radios,I try to tell her it's the same reason she needs 35 pair's of shoes,I dont try to understand I just accept it...

MY%20shack.jpg

My%20Shack%202.jpg

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Too Many Radios?

trunker0205 said:
My wife still can't understand why I need 5 radios,I try to tell her it's the same reason she needs 35 pair's of shoes,I dont try to understand I just accept it...

I own over 20 radios (hand-held, base, & mobile) and my collection grows as I upgrade. Fortunately, my wife has two radio's in her car (Pro-2067 & Motorola UHF Maxtrac), and a Pro-2050 scanner in the kitchen. She loves to keep in tune with what's going on in the community. Her sister and mom are constantly asking her "what's going on," whenever they hear sirens in the area. I tried to give my mother-in-law a Plectron on our local police freq., but she declined my offer.

trunker0205

K9WSS said:
I own over 20 radios (hand-held, base, & mobile) and my collection grows as I upgrade. Fortunately, my wife has two radio's in her car (Pro-2067 & Motorola UHF Maxtrac), and a Pro-2050 scanner in the kitchen. She loves to keep in tune with what's going on in the community. Her sister and mom are constantly asking her "what's going on," whenever they hear sirens in the area. I tried to give my mother-in-law a Plectron on our local police freq., but she declined my offer.

You are a lucky man..:)

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
trunker0205 said:
You are a lucky man..:)

I've been active in eBAY, eham.net classifieds, and QTH online ad's for some time now. I'm fortunate that all of my auctions are successful. If I have something that is surplus to my needs, I'll put it "on the block." I'm currently planning on putting one of my BC780XLT's in the wife's car, replacing her Pro-2067 (which will be for sale). My latest acquisition will be a BCT-15 for my mobile. Don't really need digital at this time, so I'm not in the market for the 996T right now.

trunker0205

K9WSS said:
I've been active in eBAY, eham.net classifieds, and QTH online ad's for some time now. I'm fortunate that all of my auctions are successful. If I have something that is surplus to my needs, I'll put it "on the block." I'm currently planning on putting one of my BC780XLT's in the wife's car, replacing her Pro-2067 (which will be for sale). My latest acquisition will be a BCT-15 for my mobile. Don't really need digital at this time, so I'm not in the market for the 996T right now.

Im going to a Hamfest Tomorrow they have alot of scanners and an auction..Im sure ill pick something up I always do...I love buying older scanners and fixing them up and selling them...Im always in the market for Pro-2006's they have such a good resale value..

Status
Not open for further replies.