My test is scheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyBennett

Newby
I got a job offer in Billings Montana. Upfront paid relocation costs. I haven’t had time to do anything but pack, ship and gripe. It’s been a complete nightmare. My wife doesn’t drive and I have two cars to move and a 26 ft u hual to manage all by myself. I actually thought about killing myself. Good god. It’s been horrific, but also nice to a small degree. I’ve increased my income by 20% and I’m also in a much better place. No more rioting.

I rescheduled my test for the 21st. So no word on that yet, but I make your bets. I will be taking it then unless I die. I’m exhausted and start work on Monday.

Wish me luck.

On a side note, I’m living in a two bedroom house now, can I use galvanized pipe with a normal mount for a good ground plane? 1” pipe x 12 ft?

I’m going to bed.

How did you do yesterday?

ggmitchell

February 2nd. Wish me luck or curse me. Whatever suits you. Do all of you guys actually repeat your station ID every hour? That’s ridiculous!

I know, I’m petulant. It’s just weird. Look out amateur band, I’m coming for you.

D.
Best of luck.

firemun

Feed Provider
The frequent mention of his desire to kill himself is both sad and telling about his approach to life. Hope things improve. Suicide is permanent solution for temporary problem. It guarantees things wont get better. :(

RockyBennett

Newby
The frequent mention of his desire to kill himself is both sad and telling about his approach to life. Hope things improve. Suicide is permanent solution for temporary problem. It guarantees things wont get better. :(

I thought the same thing myself. Between his different threads and different posts, he has mentioned "killing himself" on a few different occasions.

I hope that the OP is alright and will report back.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
If he passed the test? Or if you can use a tee to tie together two transmitters through one antenna and not burn something up in a few months time? (you're welcome for the alliteration).

I am absolutely still wondering about both of those.
And whether or not he is still alive....

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Did the OP start this thread with the intention of getting some of the membership fired up with his comments about the FCC test questions and how ridiculous they are (in his opinion)!! I'm really leaning in that direction and see no other purpose to his criticisms than to inflame
us with his statements.

I don't know if we will ever hear from him again, and I surely don't care if he takes the test or passes or fails. His attitude speaks volumes as
far as I'm concerned. He won't get any good luck wishes from me. Just my opinion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.