My Trunked Systems/My Counties update color glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selgaran

I've noticed that the green/yellow color highlight on the My Trunked Systems/My Counties doesn't seem to be working correctly - I never see green, only yellow, even if the system was updated just minutes ago, and shows up green on the agency page.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
That is normal... We just show systems on the MyRR module updated with Yellow.

I'm planning a major rewrite to accomidate many feature requests for the MyRR module, so I'll add this one to the list.

Thanks!

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Ive noticed a problem with the colors also, only the problem is on the main database page. Some systems for Memphis and Shelby County TN were updated, and at the main database page, Tennessee wasn't highlighted in green. This isn't in MyRR its on the main database page.

After clicking on Tennessee, the updates were visable (ie. highlighted in green). Just something to run across to you. During some updates, it will show highlighted in green, and other times it won't.

EDIT: Also, after clicking on Tennessee, The county name, Shelby, also would not be highlighted in green. As stated above, this was right after an update.

selgaran

Ok, thanks for the info, I could have sworn that the green/yellow thing used to work on the My pages at some point in the past...

blantonl said:
I'm planning a major rewrite to accomidate many feature requests for the MyRR module, so I'll add this one to the list.
Thanks!

No, thank you!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I've noticed this for several areas, that's why I'm glad there is a history tab now so I can see what was updated and when.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay, is there any way, in the future, to allow an optional increase in the number of counties to be followed with a decrease in the number of trunked systems.... I could use 20 counties and five trunked systems on My RR Page... thanx!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
NeFire242 said:
Yeah I've noticed this for several areas, that's why I'm glad there is a history tab now so I can see what was updated and when.

Updating timestamps for counties when trunked systems are updated is problematic... since many trunked systems belong to multiple counties and sometimes multiple states.

Reflecting a simple talkgroup change on one of those larger systems could propogate a whole slew of changes to counties and states - which would generate complaints.

Thus, until I can boil down the update notification and reflection process, we aren't tranditionally updating a county when a trunked system is updated.

Lindsay, is there any way, in the future, to allow an optional increase in the number of counties to be followed with a decrease in the number of trunked systems.... I could use 20 counties and five trunked systems on My RR Page... thanx!

Again, this is in rewrite, I'll probably allow an unlimited amount of trunked systems and counties that you can watch...

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yeah not a problem Lindsay I've noticed the same thing, especially with very large systems or state-wide trunked systems. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.