My turn to try this and I hope you don't ruin it for me but..... UPMAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

This is a legitimate question for UPman. I'm really getting tired of dodging "Siren App" threads because many can't seem to act like adults and the moderators being forced to do what needs to be done to corral the children. Mods, if and when this thread "goes south" (which it probably will) go ahead a delete or lock it.

MEMBERS, please don't ruin it for everybody else...... please? I never got the chance on the other thread before others ruined it for me.

Upman, in the quote below, from a now closed thread, is it correctly assumed that the Android version will be slightly behind when release gets closer (as is typical, from my experience, for virtually any app)?

UPman said:
If not for that roadblock, the app would be completed for Apple devices by now and likely substantially close to completion for the Android platform, as well.

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
how far after will an android app be? are we talking weeks or months? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month 2 months etc.

I understand its hard to say but a ball park number would be nice.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
There's really no way Paul could answer that, because then all those same children you spoke of earlier would bust his chops the minute the "deadline" passed and there was still no app.

Speaking as an Android developer myself I'd guess that it will take at least a month after the I-device app is released. Developing for Android is a pain because unlike i-devices that all share very common specs, Android devices come in all shapes and sizes and have a wide range of specs that will need to be tested to make sure the app will work on your 2 year old Obscurebrand 10.4" tablet as well as it does on your brand new NameBrand 4G smartphone.

And no, before anyone asks, I'm not the developer working on the Android app. I wish! :) This is all just speculation on my part and could be way, WAY wrong.

-AZ

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
from what I have seen with other apps that was typically the time frame, but not knowing how far along they are with the apps I didnt want to assume.

Jake68111

My assumption was right and I'm all good with that. Your response is greatly appreciated!

AZScanner, NOBODY should be busting anybody's "chops" but if you step outside of the circle and re-read some of those threads, you might see my reasoning for using the word "children". Especially when some of us are patient and genuinely want to know more without the "bickering" that has taken place. Paul is only doing his 9-5, just like everyone else. Trust me, I don't like the wait either but if I were Paul and I saw half the things that were being said, my name would cease to exist on this forum as I'm pretty sure Paul could make his paycheck just as easy without coming here. I for one, don't like being locked out of a thread when something good and productive could come from it, instead I get.... well, you know.

I'm not one to "knock" anybody (this post is NOT directed at any individual, just my humble opinion) for wanting to find out more about something but essentially cutting everyone else out of that equation because one or two doesn't know how to be civil isn't fair for anybody else. I feel the more we know, the better off we are as opposed to nothing which is what we'll get with threads like those in the past.

Ahhh, I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.