My Uniden 536'2 updated today Sunday 7/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishn1

I didn't notice this update posted anywhere but thank you also to Uniden for the update. This update does make a difference on the voice quality of P25 p1. The peoples voices sound more human now!

gonefishn1

Now I see where it posted. Uniden Forums at the very bottom of the sticky list below 2009? I always check the top of the list for the latest sticky. 2017 should be at the top of the sticky list???

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
This update has been around for a while if you actually follow the forums. It was simply moved from the forums to the Uniden page for public Sentinel release.

Its the same one we've had. .31

I've noticed the change in audio too. Less bass and it doesn't sound as good as it used to IMO. Then again I always liked the lower sounding voice.

What this update is about is listed in detail on the Uniden page. http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD436HPFirmwareUpdate

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Update Successful!

Downloaded the firmware update this afternoon. Great job Uniden!

P25 phase 1 & 2 working great in Somerset County.

Thank you.

DeDawg

I've noticed the change in audio too. Less bass and it doesn't sound as good as it used to IMO. Then again I always liked the lower sounding voice.

I find the audio no better, still muddy, and female dispatcher voices still tending to have distortion as in over-modulation ( higher freqs?).

P25 tracking has been great since the 1.11.23 Beta fixed .20.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I didn't notice this update posted anywhere but thank you also to Uniden for the update. This update does make a difference on the voice quality of P25 p1. The peoples voices sound more human now!

Thank you for the link. I never saw it. All is working Beautiful.

Now I see where it posted. Uniden Forums at the very bottom of the sticky list below 2009? I always check the top of the list for the latest sticky. 2017 should be at the top of the sticky list???

The post from 2009 was the first sticky. The release post, dated 7 7 2017 was not marked as a sticky, so it falls where the latest non sticky would go, right under the first sticky.

If a mod, or Upman do not label it a sticky, it will remain where it is.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I find the audio no better, still muddy, and female dispatcher voices still tending to have distortion as in over-modulation ( higher freqs?).

P25 tracking has been great since the 1.11.23 Beta fixed .20.

It could just be the dispatcher themselves. I have one out here that sounds like an overexcited five year old screaming into the radio every time she keys the mic her voice is so loud and high pitched. That and I think she has the mic in her mouth. Fortunately for all concerned its in a non-critical TG.

For some reason higher pitched voices have always been something I never enjoyed. I much prefer the lower sounding voices. I used to always get rid of the higher settings and enhance the bass in all my audio stuff on the computer.

It seems I can hear it better. Of course with old age hearing is going anyway and have to use subtitles on tv and movies these days.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.