my.uniden.com - Now I'm Ticked

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

The site is back up, but no logins are being permitted until the password is reset.

This means I cannot update my email address so that I can receive a new password.

I tried sending an email to support at uniden dot com and got this:

"Your message couldn't be delivered to support@uniden.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information."

Evidently the "maintenance" has not yet been completed.

BTW, when "maintenance" extends to an indefinite period with no estimate for completion, then it becomes "repair".

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So I picked up a used 436 and went to purchase nxnd upgrade. Product is registered with esn and and sum. Everything going good until I tried to put my phone number in for the credit card. Substitutes its own numbers for the numbers that I am entering. Phone number has to be correct to approve credit card. Unable to purchase upgrade. Unfortunately I got the radio right as you went down last week. Can we fix this or can I purchase the upgrade over the phone. Too long of a time trying to make this purchase.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
It won't let me reset my password every time I reset it it tells me the username or password is incorrect when I attempt to log on after resetting it. Something is definitely not right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It won't let me reset my password every time I reset it it tells me the username or password is incorrect when I attempt to log on after resetting it. Something is definitely not right.

I was able to reset my password and login without any problems about 5 minutes ago.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up. Logged on, was told to reset password, received email from Uniden with link, clicked on it and was taken to page to reset password, logged back on with new password. Worked here.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I had the same experience but was able to put in a new password eventually. My concern is when a site replaces a phone number with its own numbers that don't match what you're putting in I would be very hesitant to put any credit card information in for a purchase. When I saw different numbers going in then what I was typing I backed right out of the site. I've seen that before and it looks like a hack. Any of you guys know can I buy the upgrade over the phone from Uniden or does it have to be on the site?

kruser

Premium Subscriber

Are you trying to login to my.uniden.com or just the uniden.com site? They are not the same.

My new password and username do not work for the main site, they only work at the my.uniden.com site which is really the only site I need for now.

Try the other if one does not work after you do the reset step.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I had the same experience but was able to put in a new password eventually. My concern is when a site replaces a phone number with its own numbers that don't match what you're putting in I would be very hesitant to put any credit card information in for a purchase. When I saw different numbers going in then what I was typing I backed right out of the site. I've seen that before and it looks like a hack. Any of you guys know can I buy the upgrade over the phone from Uniden or does it have to be on the site?

I'd be more worried about handing out my CC info over the phone than anything. You don't have a clue if the person on the other end is not copying down what you say onto a piece of paper that goes home with them in their pocket.
Many people don't realize that secure internet transactions are usually way safer then handing out your CC info over an analog phone line. A good CC transaction will never be seen by the eyes of a human when done online using a secure server. Automated CC phone order systems are not much better if the signal is an analog signal anywhere along the path, it's just too easy to intercept DTMF tones if someone has your line tapped at any analog point. Same is true for spoken CC info used by many automated CC phone based payment lines as well.
Of course this is all negative if the server that processes your info has been hacked or is poorly implemented and not secure.
We hear more about these breaches today only because paying with a CC over a supposedly secure server is the most widely used form of payment in use today.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I tried again to make a purchase. When I went to put my phone number in before entering credit card information it replaces the number I'm putting in with another number. I backed right out again and beware everybody I've seen this before, don't put credit card information in until this is addressed by Uniden support via this site. If it's a malfunction that's one thing but if it's a hack that's another.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
And yes this was my Uniden and it was for a nxnd upgrade with the proper ESN and sum number.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes of course before we give our information to Uniden we have to feel confident that we are talking to Uniden. That goes for any purchase over the phone. Whether it be by phone or computer we are all vulnerable. So now I ask the question does that mean we can get the nxnd upgrade at all? Does Uniden lose all that income. Again does anyone know can it be purchased over the phone, if I call them and I'm confident I'm talking to Uniden, then I would like to get the upgrade. Right now I wouldn't use their site.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I tried again to make a purchase. When I went to put my phone number in before entering credit card information it replaces the number I'm putting in with another number. I backed right out again and beware everybody I've seen this before, don't put credit card information in until this is addressed by Uniden support via this site. If it's a malfunction that's one thing but if it's a hack that's another.

In your case, it sounds like they may have reversed the CC number and phone number fields. It's fairly common practice to obscure the CC number but usually not the phone number!
Out of curiosity, have you tried a different browser? I was going to test a transaction and see if could duplicate what you are seeing but I have nothing left to purchase so I can't test this.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Of course there are people that will have no problem just understand that some people will have a problem. Yes the first thing I thought of was the browser so I tried two different computers and my phone all of which are up-to-date. I don't think anything has been reversed here as the phone number that comes up on its own after I type in my phone number is indeed a phone number with an area code and prefix. Let's see what Uniden support says. If I can order it over the phone I will do that as I do not buy much from Uniden or maybe I can have someone order it and I will give them the money. Let's see what happens.

D

DaveNF2G

my.uniden.com used to work 24/7/365 for just about everyone. Email doesn't care what day it is, either.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
my.uniden.com used to work 24/7/365 for just about everyone. Email doesn't care what day it is, either.

I believe his point was that someone would be around during normal business hours to address, or at least attempt to address, the website's failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.