My work is looking for a excellent scanner to monitor Police and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My work is looking for a scanner (hand held) and since I have a RS PRO-95 I haven't been into the scanner world to much, so I have no Idea what is good.

My work is just looking to scan South Milwaukee and Oak Creek Police and Fire city's since our buildings are in those locations.

The spending limit I was given was $1,000

Thanks for the help.

RRUNYON657

i would go with th bcd996xt . i belive milwaukee is digital and this scanner will pick it up as long as it is not encrypted. i have the bct15x which is one step below that one but does not do ( P25 )

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
What frequencies and technology are in use? That is, analog/digital, trunked/conventional? You might consider a commercial radio assuming they're using the same technology on the same frequency band. It would work a LOT better than a scanner, and probably cost less.

Tim

i would go with th bcd996xt . i belive milwaukee is digital and this scanner will pick it up as long as it is not encrypted. i have the bct15x which is one step below that one but does not do ( P25 )

Howdy there...I would agree with going with the BCD996. City of Milwaukee is digital, however they are OpenSky and not able to be monitored by anyone. The county and all the muni pd's are still analog, but that will change in the next few years as everyone eventually moves to digital. They should be still be able to be monitored as they will (smartly) go with P25.

Tim

Highpockets

You said your looking for a (hand held), everyone is giving you the base version, look at the 396XT if your looking for the hand held. That's if you want to go with a Uniden.

SCPD

QRT
just remember

All I can tell you is just because they give you the spending limit that high, Don't spend it all, look for dependable ( read reviews) and functionality for what they want. And the most important (price) if you can save them money and accomplish the same thing you look better. just something to remember that you might overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.