My WS1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8LEA

In the recent month or so, it seems when I turn my ws1065 on, I am having to turn the volume up and up to hear the audio (not a reception problem) I am currently at the 1 0'clock position and it just doesn't seem very loud? Any ideas? (side note: I have tried an external speaker, but that really hasn't helped).

walsabrook

Premium Subscriber
I’m only familiar with Uniden radios, but in my area, the audio is transmitted very low by the PD, I have to use the control in the radio to adjust for that … also about a year ago, ALL my radios started to lose volume, turns out it was me needed hearing aids LOL

KC8LEA

Well that's nice too know.....lol. but on the digital frequencies I have not had a problem until late. However, I know the County I live in still uses the conventional frequencies and I know their audio is very low. But, you may be right! It very well might be my hearing...lol I also, have uniden radios as well and they seem to be fine at their settings. Thank you for your input though!....lol

KC8LEA

Thank you for your reply, I have tried both of those, and trouble shot it to the power cord. I have the audio back to where it should be, so I am going to limit how much I move the radio around.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Maybe silly, but I have seen a LOT of people with desktop scanners for whatever reason don't have or haven't attached the bracket that would elevate the scanner. With the speaker on the bottom will muffle the sound.

TAbirdman

Maybe its a dirty/bad Ext speaker jack. Have you tried plugging headphones in/out a few times to see if that clears it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.