Myrtle Beach Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
The Wings Over Myrtle Beach Air Show at the Myrtle Beach International Airport is next weekend, April 28-29. The Show's website says that participant teams will be arriving on Thursday, and will practice on Friday:
Wings Over Myrtle Beach Air Show – April 28-29, 2018

Major aviation participants scheduled to appear include:
The Blue Angels;
USAF f-16 Viper Demo Team;
USAF Heritage Flight Team;
USSOCOM Para-Commandos Parachute Jump Team;
GEICO Skytypers Air Show Team;
Rob Holland "Ultimate Air Shows;"
Michael Wiskus "Lucas Oil Airshows;"
Bob Freeman "Suzuki Air Show Team;"
Jim Tobul -- F4U Corsair "Korean War Hero;"
Scott "Scooter" Yoak -- P-51 Mustang "Quick Silver;"
Class of 45 Demo Team;
Mohawk Air Shows; and,
Sky Soldiers "Huey & Cobra Demo Team."

Does anyone have current radio frequencies for these?

Paul
WD4EDU

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And has the scanner ban been announced there yet like it has at so many other airshows so far this year?

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
And has the scanner ban been announced there yet like it has at so many other airshows so far this year?
Nothing on the Air Show's website about a scanner ban:

Allowed Articles & Items

Small Coolers (medical purposes only)
Backpacks
Fanny Packs
Camel-Backs
Purses
Camera Bags
Diaper Bags
Child Strollers & Wagons
Portable Lawn Chairs
Personal Umbrellas & Blankets
Handicap Authorized Scooters Only
Service animals are admitted with hosts (No personal pets permitted)

Prohibited Articles & Items

All coolers (hard or soft, unless medically required)
All food & beverages, open or closed (except baby formula)
Narcotics and Paraphernalia
Bikes, Roller Blades, Skates & Skateboards
Large Personal shade & pop-up tents
No personal pets permitted (Service animals are admitted with hosts)
Personal Golf Carts, ATV’s, Skate Boards, Roller Blades
Weapons (including, but not limited to knives, firearms, explosives, bio/radiological substance

The Show is being run by JLC AirShow Management. Have they banned scanners at their other air shows?

Paul
WD4EDU

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
Just received a response to my question: Will handheld radio scanners be allowed?

Tina Talton's email reply was: That will be fine.

Paul
WD4EDU

Doogie940

has anyone found or heard of a frequency list? I am programming in the list of Blue Angel frequencies that I have off this site.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
has anyone found or heard of a frequency list? I am programming in the list of Blue Angel frequencies that I have off this site.
Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Civilian Aviation Forum to get more replies

Any clue as to how that could be accomplished?

Paul
WD4EDU

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Civilian Aviation Forum to get more replies

Any clue as to how that could be accomplished?

Paul
WD4EDU

YOu could PM a mod, but i would recommend the Military Monitoring Forum.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies monitored during practice sessions

Here's the activity I've monitored during the Thursday and Friday practice sessions.

128.450 "Air Boss" (same frequency as the airport's [MYR] Tower)
122.125 Rob Holland "Ultimate Air Show"
Blue Angels
139.8125 Ground Crew Bravo?
142.6125 Comm Cart?
237.8000 9-Solo 2?
251.6000 Startup?
275.3500 9-Diamond?
284.2500 16-Delta? Diamond Box?

Blue Angels' practice performance was thirty-four minutes.

SPOILER ALERT!
There was a surprise about sixteen minutes into their show that will get your attention!

Normal Myrtle Beach International Airport aviation frequencies are here:
AirNav: KMYR - Myrtle Beach International Airport

Other usual Airport frequencies -- police, fire, rescue, etc, -- are on the Horry County Public Safety P25 Phase 1 truncked radio system:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9279

On site law enforcement will be supplemented by Horry County Police Department while off site law enforcement will be by Myrtle Beach Police Department (both on the Horry County Public Safety TRS), supplemented by S.C. Highway Patrol and SLED [State Law Enforcement Division] (both on the S.C. Palmetto 800 P25 Phase 1 TRS):
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5042

Paul
WD4EDU

SKYWARN

Premium Subscriber
Kmyr 2018 airshow

Paul any other freqs for the other performers that were there? I'm headed to KNKT air show next weekend just loading up a few banks in my little Icom R-2. I sent a email to Cherry Point Security about 4 weeks ago, with a picture and the model and specs on my Icpm R-2 and ask If I may bring this device into the airshow. Got email back and believe or not they said yes !
I have printed down the emails down and will carry them with me to the vetting check point and see what happens. About 2 years ago they would not let me in the airshow with a PRO-97 .
Rick Kd4jrx

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Great Show!! I can verify all the frequencies Paul entered. I listened to all the shows and practices and was there on Saturday. The rest of the time I had a terrific view from my house!

A little puuuuuuull...........POWER!

Tom - N1UXA - Myrtle Beach

Last edited:

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
Paul any other freqs for the other performers that were there? I'm headed to KNKT air show next weekend just loading up a few banks in my little Icom R-2. I sent a email to Cherry Point Security about 4 weeks ago, with a picture and the model and specs on my Icpm R-2 and ask If I may bring this device into the airshow. Got email back and believe or not they said yes !
I have printed down the emails down and will carry them with me to the vetting check point and see what happens. About 2 years ago they would not let me in the airshow with a PRO-97 .
Rick Kd4jrx
The only other frequency I can verify is for the USAF F-16 Viper Team solo performer: 384.550 MHz.

One of the two Blue Angels' Solo planes had to land early. I was told that an alternate plane, number 7, then took off. But the show ended with only five planes, so the alternate, or one of the other original six, also had trouble. Heard "solenoid" mentioned on the Blue Angels' Ground Crew frequencies, either 139.8125 or 142.6125, NFM and 67.0 PL

Paul
WD4EDU

Status
Not open for further replies.