Myrtle BEach area

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd901

I am having an impossible time trying to program fire and Police area frequencys using win500 and arc500 with Radio Reference. These is so much on those lists. All I want is fire, police dispatch for cities and towns from Calabash south to Georgetown. I am staying in Myrtle Beach for two weeks in MArch and this is becoming a PIA as we dont have alot of trunk groups up my way and I have almost given up. Is there anyone out there willing share their list to automatically load into my Pro 106 or is there someone who can make a list for me if I give you the precise areas and needs..Thank YOu...Tom

hntsgt

I don't have a Pro-106 nor do I use the WIN programs, but you should be able to program just the control channels ( Horry Co. 857.2125, 858.2125, 858.6875, 859.2125) into the assigned system and be able to receive the transmissions. Horry Co has a couple of hundred talk groups so you will have to decide what you want to enter for the radio to decode or "scan". Can you import directly from the database using the software?

Georgetown Co is a bit simpler. They operate on the statewide Palmetto 800 system. Plug in control channel 868.68750 and you should be good to go. To label your talkgroups for the SC Highway Patrol (they handle any traffic/MVA's not within municipal boudaries) Troop 5 is what you want (namely Horry - 29328 & Gtown/Williamsburg 29456). There are only a couple of dozen talkgroups for county fire/PD.

I wouldn't bother with the Palmetto 800 for Horry Co, you should be able to pick up the same stuff on the Gtown tower unless you are on north end of Myrtle Beach.

sfd901

Myrtle Beach

Thanks for your reply. My problem is without the software doing the work I do not know how o program it and have no idea what the control channels are of what I would or would not hear. I need someone who may already have a file for the area where I could load into the radio and then visually see how they did it. It took me a while to figure out the older scanners when they had to be programmed by Binary codes however I dont have the luxury of time right now

sfd901

Myrtle Beach Horry County area

LArry this helps as a start butt I need a wider area in Horry County and Georgetown. Also does anyone know if these towns are still simulcasting on VHF. Need help as going there in a few weeks

vinzep491

LArry this helps as a start butt I need a wider area in Horry County and Georgetown. Also does anyone know if these towns are still simulcasting on VHF. Need help as going there in a few weeks

Negative.. all on the trunked sysytems.

ocn29rsc

HCFR Tones on 154.400 and Surfside Fire also carries the countys tone outs on their vhf freq of 155.535 with no ctcss, otherwise 167.9 and only SBFD.

MIGC fire/rescue is also running both their vhf and/800 and can still be heard on 154.145, georgetown county is still heard on 154.160, city on 154.250 and midway on 154.310.

From time to time I still hear NMB FD on their vhf of 155.085....

Marine freq.s still active as ever for ch-16 156.800 & 22A 157.100.

I hope this helps....

Also not trying to advertise but you can also hear my feed for HCFR-800, HCPD-South Dispt., and The marine feeds that I have running via RR.

J. Cody

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.