Myrtle Beach/Horry Co TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFEMSG1

So I'm currently in Myrtle Beach and having trouble figuring out the system. Last year when I was down I don't remember this much trouble. I did do a search and found where Horry County is now dispatching Myrtle Beach and N. Myrtle Beach. Anyway I am picking up the control channel but the ID's coming up are type I and do not coincide with what the database has. Right now I have figured out the following:

000-14 - Fire/Rescue Dispatch for Horry County
000-13 - Possible Fire Tac Channel

Other I have found I believe are Multiple PD agencies.

Thanks in advance for the help! I did hear a unit ask another unit if his radio had been reprogrammed by the way.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
yea, everything should be in the dbase on here, but if you have any problems figureing it out, shout back! :)

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What type of scanner are you using? One of us might have a file we can post.

BTW NMB operates on the County system, but i assume they still dispatch themselves (like Loris, Conway, etc) Myrtle Beach is on thei own system.

RFEMSG1

I'm using a Pro-95, but I have it in Open mode and all that is showing being active are the type I ID's I listed, I do have all the control channels in, I think I might try to reprogram the bank.

Grog

Banned
Be sure you're programming it as a type II system. I listened to them within a week of the 1st trunktracker hitting the radio shack stores, so you should have no problem with it.

Edit. Here's a file to try. I converted an old win93 file to a win95. I'll try to clean it up a little better tomorrow. Bank 1 is MB, and 2 & 3 are the county TRS.

This is asumming you are using win95 to program your scanner.

Attachments

• Try this.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Grog

Banned
OK, I Downloaded win95 so I could work on a simple setup. I put only the control channels in each of the 10 banks, so you won't have to do that if you want to add anything.

There is SOME Horry County stuff in bank 0, and a few NMB TGs in bank 1. They are both set as closed, and the other banks are open. I had to type it in by hand as the 16 digit display of the pro97 makes it hard to copy & paste to win95.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Attachments

• Basic Horry County 95 setup.zip
    3 KB · Views: 66

RFEMSG1

Ok thanks for the file! I was unable to program while I was down because I didn't have my cable or computer there but I will be back at the beach in a couple weeks again to test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.