Myrtle Beach Police feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveKilla

I have been enjoying the Myrtle Beach Police feed for over a year now, its perfect for me to listen to while doing all my errands and even during work sometimes. It has been down for about a month now. I have tried contacting the broadcaster with no luck. just wondering if anyone knows if he plans on bringing it back online. any info would be very much appreciated.

NYRHKY94

Broadcastiffy no longer shows a feed for MB Police. That would typically indicate the feed has been discontinued by the previous volunteer.

WaveKilla

N8LHG

I use to listen to these feeds myself. Horry County central, MB, SLED, etc. They have been down for over a month now. I assume they are gone. I sorta' got tired of depending on streams that went up and down quite often, and one person maintained all those streams so it was a massive loss when they went away. Purchased my own receiver so I'm not so dependent on others. Be careful what scanner you buy, most of the transmission are project 25 digital trunked. You won't be happy with a cheaper scanner IMHO.

BMedcom

Just a friendly heads up, I have been asked numerous times, and it was even online in the news, people asking if Myrtle Beach had changed their system, or blocked the public. The City is still running on the same P25 system that has been used for several years. The RR database is still correct. I am a first responder with two agencies in the area, and am also a radio admin for one of those agencies. Everything is still up and running, the person who provided the feeds must have just stopped.

N8LHG

I just received my new sds200 today. Myrtle Beach is still there. There are encrypted channels scattered inside the Horry County P25 and Palametto trunk systems, but they seem to be Emergency Room and a few tac or "unknown" channels. The general dispatch and field channels are still open. You can see them defined in the radio reference database lists.

N8LHG

Just a friendly heads up, I have been asked numerous times, and it was even online in the news, people asking if Myrtle Beach had changed their system, or blocked the public. The City is still running on the same P25 system that has been used for several years. The RR database is still correct. I am a first responder with two agencies in the area, and am also a radio admin for one of those agencies. Everything is still up and running, the person who provided the feeds must have just stopped.
The feed provider was ocn29rsc , I've tried to reach out to him a couple times in the passed with no response.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Here is an option that you might enjoy. Ill keep this login active for the next week if youd like to check out the SDR radio traffic. You can also set your own scan list selections.

Login - horry
Password - demo123

DeaconHarry16

Premium Subscriber
Horry County System is simulcast...lots of action, just returned from MB.
used SDR with DSD+FL and SDS100...both worked well

WaveKilla

Here is an option that you might enjoy. Ill keep this login active for the next week if youd like to check out the SDR radio traffic. You can also set your own scan list selections.

Login - horry
Password - demo123
this works great for listening to the MB feed - and I love the ability to filter out what i want. Thank you!! - is there a way to make it accessable on my phone? When i log in on my phone it just says "NO LINK" at the top.

I really appreciate you posting this link!!

WaveKilla

Its good to hear that the feeds are still available. and yes, the original broadcaster is apparently done broadcasting. I have tried to message him to make sure all is okay with him, but no luck as of yet.

Thanks for this info.

WaveKilla

Would you be ok with a stream that includes MB, and all of Horry County including fire and special events on one channel???
a broadcast similar to this has just been recently added. Its nice to hear the feed again, but to be honest there is too much going on over all of those channels at the same time to get a sense of what is actually happening. I enjoy the MBP feed and i can occasionally recognize some of the familiar voices from that channel - its just kinda hit and miss. (but i do honestly appreciate the effort to put it up)

WaveKilla

I use to listen to these feeds myself. Horry County central, MB, SLED, etc. They have been down for over a month now. I assume they are gone. I sorta' got tired of depending on streams that went up and down quite often, and one person maintained all those streams so it was a massive loss when they went away. Purchased my own receiver so I'm not so dependent on others. Be careful what scanner you buy, most of the transmission are project 25 digital trunked. You won't be happy with a cheaper scanner IMHO.
thanks for the info. I need to do the research on which radio is the correct one to buy, I just havent gotten around to it yet. I want to make sure it is one that can actually pick up the MBPD feed properly. Which unit did you decide on, if you dont mind me asking?

N8LHG

thanks for the info. I need to do the research on which radio is the correct one to buy, I just havent gotten around to it yet. I want to make sure it is one that can actually pick up the MBPD feed properly. Which unit did you decide on, if you dont mind me asking?
P25 Phase 1 for the trunked system. I went hog wild and bought the Uniden sds200. So far, its been an amazing unit. Has a learning curve, so don't expect to master it real quick. It has a quick start ability, so you can snag the feeds using just a zip code. Once you master editing what you want, and don't want, it will click with you and you'll enjoy the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.