Myrtle Beach Public Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmgx

Just looking for some help. Has anyone run across frequencies, talkgroup, or ID for Myrtle Beach Public Works Water and Sewer?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forums:
There's no identified info in the database for Myrtle Beach DPW. A few possibilities: They may have an unknown talkgroup or more on the county system here. I'm also seeing numerous conventional licenses (didn't go through them all, some are expired) at the below FRNs:

tvengr

Well Known Member
It appears that Grand Strand Water and Sewer Authority may handle public works in Horry County. I found these frequencies in the FCC database:
153.6200 Myrtle Beach
They are licensed for NFM and DMR.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Grand Strand Water and Sewer Authority may handle public works in Horry County. I found these frequencies in the FCC database:
153.6200 Myrtle Beach
They are licensed for NFM and DMR.
Grand Strand Water and Sewer provides water and sewer services to some areas that do not have a municipal water and sewer system, and provides bulk services to some entities that do their own billing.

I don't know the answer to the OP's question.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I know that the OP is referring specifically to Water and Sewer.

When I have visited Myrtle Beach, I have seen all of those various blue and white City of Myrtle Beach vehicles driving around and wondered what radio system they use. Back when Myrtle Beach operated their own trunked radio system, I think most city departments used it. But it was decommissioned several years ago. Those departments are not on the Horry County trunked radio system that I can tell, nor are they on Palmetto 800. Once I started paying attention, it appeared to me that most city vehicles don't have any LMR antennas on them at all, other than City emergency services vehicles. It makes me suspect that most MB city departments probably use mobile phones and commercial wireless services for data.

If anyone knows differently, please chime in.

dmgx

I know that the OP is referring specifically to Water and Sewer.

When I have visited Myrtle Beach, I have seen all of those various blue and white City of Myrtle Beach vehicles driving around and wondered what radio system they use. Back when Myrtle Beach operated their own trunked radio system, I think most city departments used it. But it was decommissioned several years ago. Those departments are not on the Horry County trunked radio system that I can tell, nor are they on Palmetto 800. Once I started paying attention, it appeared to me that most city vehicles don't have any LMR antennas on them at all, other than City emergency services vehicles. It makes me suspect that most MB city departments probably use mobile phones and commercial wireless services for data.

If anyone knows differently, please chime in.
That very well could be the case. Thanks for the info 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.