Myrtle Beach, SC System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

I was woundering I was programing my scanner .I put the codes in for Myrtle Beach, SC Motorola Type II Smartnet I put all the 800 band in and then when I hit save on my 296d .The weard part it program Scanlist by itself has anyone else have this problem ? Also is Horry County Public Safety is this the best system to lison to Myrtle Beach police and fire and ems .Or is there another one that is better .
Thanks for your help
Chris

Soundman

No Responce

Hey blinddog50 I have not got any responce from ScanDaBands.I am going there this weekend . I did program the codes I did see .But has anything changed .Or is there any Myrtle Beach Police codes ?
Thanks
Chris

lugoffman

Hey blinddog50 I have not got any responce from ScanDaBands.I am going there this weekend . I did program the codes I did see .But has anything changed .Or is there any Myrtle Beach Police codes ?
Thanks
Chris

Hey I got the same scanner and I have the same problem somtimes ,when I do it by hand but I find it better to use the butell software it is much easier ,or you can use the software thats free from uniden but it doesn't let you import nothing from the data base ,you got to do it all by typing and it takes forever but if you subscribe to radio freerence and get the butell software it lets you import everything from the database and is alot better and you dont have to worry about typing it all in if you got the butell software I can send you a file to take a look at for your county and see if you like it .

Soundman

Thanks

Thanks Lugoffman
I have this great Software Scancontrol .It works great .Ya send me what you got

Last edited:

gcr33

Another guy using a thread to tell us he sent a private message. What's up with that?

SHARE so we all learn.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Another guy using a thread to tell us he sent a private message. What's up with that?

SHARE so we all learn.
I doubt he wanted to publish email address for ScanDaBands who lives in MB.

To Soundman, Are you sure you didn't hit ok on a popup in ScanControl? His program offers the opportunity to load new data to scanner each time a page of info is set or after changes are made.

BTW, it's been a while since I've been in MB but my 785D file has the city in one bank and the county system in another. I think both were active.

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
Horry County TRS

In Horry County there are 2 primary systems.
1-Horry County trunk system includes HCPD, Myrtle Beach Police, Surfside, North MB Police Horry County Fire & EMS and a host of other agencies with their own talkgroups.

2-For SC Highway Patrol, SLED and other state & federal agencies load up the Palmetto 800 System using the Conway SC and North Myrtle Beach sites listed on RR.

3-SCHP has 3 talkgroups on the Horry system and they are used by Troopers for Bike Weeks and other special events. Sometimes you'll Troopers using these as car-to-car talkgroups.

4-The SC Law Enforcement Division (my favorite) uses a multitude of frequencies on all trunk systems and UHF/VHF and has a trunked VHF encrypted system of their own. The SCTAC frequencies sometimes have SLED on them BUT only in trunked mode. There are some who believe these frequencies are conventional only but in reality, they are both. It just depends who and why they are being used. SLED uses them in trunked mode.

I have my scanners programmed with Horry system, Palmetto 800 and SCTAC and ICALL which usually allows anyone to hear everything going on in the county. Lately, HCPD is placing MDT's in all patrol vehicles and originally wanted to go totally with MDT dispatching but, it isn't working like they wished so the frequencies are still full of plenty traffic. I work in Public Safety and know from the "powers that be" that the desire of going 100% MDT is not well thought of by those who make the final decisions. So here in Horry as we say, the frequencys will still be full of voices!

evan

Database Admin
The SCTAC frequencies sometimes have SLED on them BUT only in trunked mode. There are some who believe these frequencies are conventional only but in reality, they are both. It just depends who and why they are being used. SLED uses them in trunked mode.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't follow.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
4-The SC Law Enforcement Division (my favorite) uses a multitude of frequencies on all trunk systems and UHF/VHF and has a trunked VHF encrypted system of their own. The SCTAC frequencies sometimes have SLED on them BUT only in trunked mode. There are some who believe these frequencies are conventional only but in reality, they are both. It just depends who and why they are being used. SLED uses them in trunked mode.

I don't follow either. Can you explain.

Last edited:

Searay

Premium Subscriber
What does SLED operate on for regular comms?

Last edited:

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
Follow this link, it'll explain what i mean. SLED uses the encrypted talkgroups on the Palmetto 800 system as their primary, i know because i have them in my duty radio and listen often. On occasions they will use other non-encrypted talkgroups including the Horry TRS, regular Palmetto 800 talkgroups and a system that is "in the works" on a trunked VHF. Again, i know this because sometimes like during Bike Weeks, Sun Fun fest and other special events they work with us.

http://www.cio.sc.gov/800mhz/conventionalrepeaterplan.htm

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
SCTAC and freq's

REGIONAL MUTUAL AID TALKGROUPS

NAME DEC ID HEX ID HP TROOP
CALLING CHANNEL SCCALL 801947 79B Statewide

REGION 1 COMMON REG01 801955 7A3 Troop #1
(“Region 1 Counties”) Richland, Lexington, Kershaw, Lee, Sumter, Clarendon

REGION 2 COMMON REG02 801959 7A7 Troop #2
(“Region 2 Counties”) Abbeville, Laurens, Greenwood, Newberry, Saluda, Edgefield , McCormick

REGION 3 COMMON REG03 801963 7AB Troop #3
(“Region 3 Counties”) Spartanburg, Greenville, Anderson, Pickens, Oconee

REGION 4 COMMON REG04 801967 7AF Troop #2
(“Region 4 Counties”) York, Cherokee, Union, Chester, Lancaster, Fairfield, Chesterfield

REGION 5 COMMON REG05 801971 7B3 Troop #5
(“Region 5 Counties”) Marlboro, Darlington, Florence, Dillon, Marion, Horry, Georgetown, Williamsburg

REGION 6 COMMON REG06 801975 7B7 Troop #6
(“Region 6 Counties”) Colleton, Jasper, Beaufort Berkeley, Dorchester, Charleston

REGION 7 COMMON REG07 801983 7BF Troop #7
(“Region 7 Counties”) Aiken, Barnwell, Allendale, Hampton, Bamberg, Orangeburg, Calhoun

REGION 8 COMMON REG08 801987 7C3 Assignable
(“Region 8") Assignable for special events/emergencies (Coordinate with EMD/CIO/Motorola).

REGION 9 COMMON REG09 803263 CBF Assignable
(“Region 9”) Assignable for special events/emergencies (Coordinate with EMD/CIO/Motorola).

REGION 10 COMMON
REG10 803267 CC3 Assignable
(“Region 10”) Assignable for special events/emergencies (Coordinate with EMD/CIO/Motorola).

Sites for Regional talkgroups are set up to conform to the South Carolina Highway Patrol Troops.

STATEWIDE MUTUAL TALKGROUPS

NAME DEC ID HEX ID
SC CALLING CHANNEL SCCALL 801947 79B
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 1 SCMA01 801341 53D
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 2 SCMA02 801349 545
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 3 SCMA03 801821 71D
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 4 SCMA04 801829 725
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 5 SCMA05 801837 72D
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 6 SCMA06 801845 735
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 7 SCMA07 801853 73D
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 8 SCMA08 801861 745
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 9 SCMA09 801869 74D
STATEWIDE MUTUAL AID CH 10 SCMA10 801877 755

S C AIR TO GROUND SCAIR-GRD 800241 0F1

SC Calling Channel is monitored by SC Emergency Preparedness.

LAW ENFORCEMENT MUTUAL AID TALKGROUPS (Law Enforcement Agencies Only)

NAME DEC ID HEX ID
LAW ENFORCEMENT CALL LECALL 800435 1B3
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 01 LEMA01 800443 1BB
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 02 LEMA02 800451 1C3
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 03 LEMA03 800459 1CB
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 04 LEMA04 800467 1D3
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 05 LEMA05 800475 1DB
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 06 LEMA06 801301 515
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 07 LEMA07 801309 51D
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 08 LEMA08 801317 525
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 09 LEMA09 801325 52D
LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMON 10 LEMA10 801333 535

Law Enforcement Talkgroups are monitored by SC Department of Public Safety and distributed to users for special events by Nick Babin at South Carolina Highway Patrol.

RECOMMENDED CONVENTIONAL MUTUAL AID CHANNELS

National Mutual Aid Channels

NAME TRANSMITT RECEIVE PL TONE
ICALL 821.0125 866.0125 156.7HZ
ITAC-1 821.5125 866.5125 156.7HZ
ITAC-2 822.0125 867.0125 156.7HZ
ITAC-3 822.5125 867.5125 156.7HZ
ITAC-4 823.0125 868.0125 156.7HZ

South Carolina Mutual Aid Channels

NAME TRANSMITT RECEIVE PL TONE
SCTAC1 821.2250 866.2250 156.7HZ
SCTAC2 821.6875 866.6875 156.7HZ
SCTAC3 822.7750 867.7750 156.7HZ
SCTAC4 823.6375 868.6375 156.7HZ
SCTAC5 823.9750 868.9750 156.7HZ

POLICY FOR MUTUAL AID TALKGROUPS AND CHANNELS

All Mutual Aid talkgroups (Regional, Statewide & Law Enforcement) and Mutual Aid conventional repeaters shall not be used for routine daily operations or as ongoing working channels by any agency. These channels shall be reserved for inter-agency communications, incidents requiring multi-agency participation, coordination and emergencies. These shall not be used for administrative or intra-agency communications unless so directed during a major emergency or disaster situation.

All use of Mutual Aid Talkgroups or Repeaters for special events are to be coordinated with the appropriate agencies.

Assignable Regional Mutual Aid Talkgroups - Coordinate with EMD
Statewide Mutual Aid Talkgroups - Coordinate with EMD
Air to Ground Talkgroup - Coordinate with EMD
Law Enforcement Common Talkgroups - Coordinate with S.C. Highway Patrol
(Nick Babin)
ITAC and SCTAC Conventional Repeaters - Local County Dispatch Center

(EMD will coordinate with Motorola and the CIO’s Office on the use of all Mutual Aid Talkgroups. Motorola will reconfigure the talkgroup assigned for the special event to provide only the coverage needed for that event.)

Special event use of an 800MHz conventional repeater(s) is limited to the SCTAC frequencies ONLY. Special event use should be coordinated with the agency providing direct control of the Mutual Aid channel. Use of the channel shall not interfere with emergency or disaster situations. If an emergency or disaster situation develops the agency providing direct control of the Mutual Aid channel(s) under its authority may terminate the Special Event Use of the Mutual Aid channel.

Plain ENGLISH will be used at all times on all Mutual Aid Channels. The use of unfamiliar terms, codes or signals is not allowed.

The use of ric switches or console cross-patching is not allowed on any of the Mutual Aid Channels.

Telephone interconnect (i.e. telephone patching) is prohibited on any of the Mutual Aid Channels.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The SC Law Enforcement Division (my favorite) uses a multitude of frequencies on all trunk systems and UHF/VHF and has a trunked VHF encrypted system of their own.

Follow this link, it'll explain what i mean. SLED uses the encrypted talkgroups on the Palmetto 800 system as their primary, i know because i have them in my duty radio and listen often. On occasions they will use other non-encrypted talkgroups including the Horry TRS, regular Palmetto 800 talkgroups and a system that is "in the works" on a trunked VHF.

Can you get your story straight? :lol:

The SCTAC frequencies sometimes have SLED on them BUT only in trunked mode.

Sure they do :lol:

You're really good and cutting and pasting information that most of us have seen before :roll:

qball

Premium Subscriber
I don't follow either. Can you explain.

Uh. Uh. Searay, I am definitely with you on this one. This doesn't jive.

SCTAC channels are conventional only. SCTAC4 and SCTAC5 are used in the digital mode sometimes. Encryption can be used while in the digital mode (analog too, but it sounds awful).

The SCTAC channels and the SCMA are not the same thing.

Q

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
Story straight uh? Grog, the "story" is that SLED along with the state CIO is putting together a trunked VHF system. If you recall in the first posting i did in fact state they have one, then after talking with someone who knows i learned that it is in the works. Hence posting to the forum again. If you would try to ask a question rather than attack someone like you do constantly with your smart-a** comments maybe you would learn something. I apologize for not being perfect like you...yea right ; )

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sorry spymaster, you're just trying to make yourself look more important that you likely are and some of us noticed that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.