Myrtle Beach South Carolina for Pro106 or Bcd 246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd901

Does anyone have a file for Myrtle Beach South Carolina Police and fire. I am in center of Myrtle beach and have programmed but I am not receiving anything. I do hear Horry COunty but there is nothing showing Myrtle beach when I receive the transmission. Does any one have a working file for the Pro 106 or uniden BC246T. Attached is my current file and I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• myrtlehorrytwo.zip
    9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The first thing I noticed is it opened as a PRO-97 file. Horry in bank -0- Is this your file??????
It opened in Win500 for me with MB in top TSYS spot using Scanlist 19 except for Beach Patrol which is in list 3.

It appears all is set correctly using Reband Tables.

sfd901

Myrtle beach

Yes this is the file for my Pro106. I have no way of knowing if its Mrytle beach or not. It always comes up as Horry County. Does anyone have a correctly setup file. The freescan will not load into the radio with WIN500

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Yes this is the file for my Pro106. I have no way of knowing if its Mrytle beach or not. It always comes up as Horry County. Does anyone have a correctly setup file. The freescan will not load into the radio with WIN500
The file listed above has Horry in three different TSYS's. The first TSYS for Horry uses Scanlist 4 and 20 and that TSYS is attenuated.
Second Horry uses Scanlist 5 and 13.
Third Horry uses Scanlist 10.

First Myrtle Beach Scanlist 3 and 19.
Second Myrtle Beach uses Scanlist 7.
BTW, each scanlist above are set mostly by 'Agency', IE PD or FD etc which is one of the best features in this type of scanner.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
For the benefit of the other readers, as I already mentioned in a private email to the OP, Myrtle Beach FD and PD now operate on the Horry County TRS. They no longer operate on the MB TRS. In fact, I'm not sure what if anything is carried on the MB TRS at this point. Someone please correct me if that's no longer accurate.

So, looking at the p500 file that was posted, it looks like there aren't any talkgroups associated with the MB FD Scan list 2, and only 1 Talkgroup associated with MB PD Scan List 3. So if you're scanning those banks, you'll hear nothing or very little. Looks like most of the MB TRS groups are associated with scan list 19, but you'll probably hear little on those either. You'll want to add the MB FD and PD talkgroups to the Horry County TSYS and associate those with SL 2 and 3 respectively.

Some other comments about the file:
- the MB system is programmed twice and the Horry County system 3 times, which is redundant, but shouldn't prevent anything from working correctly.
- You have some MB talkgroups associated with Scan List 7 which also has Charleston City data associated with it.
- The Charleston County analog system no longer carries much traffic on it, all of that traffic has moved to the P25 1D9 system, so that system can be removed and the 1D9 system programmed instead.
- There is no Palmetto 800 data listed, so you're missing all the state radio traffic.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The reason you don't know which TSYS is use is because the scanlisting is set in General Settings Tab as follows:
1. George Town
2. Myrtle Beach FD
3. Myrtle Beach PD
4. Horry Cty FD/EMS
5. Horry Cty Police
6. S. Carolina Conv
7. Charleston
8. Charleston CTY
9. Surfside

Change all scanlist settings to match above.

cobra

Premium Subscriber
I think that all of the frequencies and talk groups listed under Horry County SC Trunking on this database, which includes listing for MBPD are accurate as of a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.