• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

'Mysterious antennas'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently returned home to find this antenna mast set up by worker within a few hours (without helicopter help), with the antennas attached visible on the detailed photo.

A few days later, I found another such ensemble about 2 km away. Presently, I don't know if there are more of them.

What could this possibly be?

PS

'Upload failed'. You'll find the images at

http://www.filedropper.com/mast

http://www.filedropper.com/antenna

Rred

You returned home. That means you were away, so how would you know a helicopter hadn't been there while you were gone?

And without knowing the height of the structure, how would we know it wasn't simply a crane?

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Read that page again and follow directions!

After going to that link. Click on 'Down the File' and type in few letters to view the photos on your web browser.
Viewing the two photos works fine for me. :)

Last edited:

bitherder

Premium Subscriber
That's a 3 bay circularly polarized FM broadcast antenna. The rig above the tower is the gin pole that was used to hoist the antenna and feed line into place. Bet you were gone more than a day,,,

Thanks bitherder, I will talk to a friend here who was wondering too, and who himself has some knowledge in this field.

Regarding my time away, I just saw the mast rising when I returned from my daily absence. The process seemed to go pretty fast, and it was just (I think) 2 guys who did the work themselves using basic tools only. However, there's some guesswork involved, as I myself don't live in the overlooking position from which the photos were taken.

To those criticising my use of filedropper.com, maybe you could talk to the admin and ask why uploading wasn't possible?

cmdrwill

To those criticising my use of filedropper.com, maybe you could talk to the admin and ask why uploading wasn't possible?

You are a rather new member here and do not have enough posts to be able to attach photos yet.

Additional Options:
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt usd zip

And in the photo, the coax cable, feedline, has not been installed yet.

Last edited:
Thank you prcguy. Originally I wasn't quite certain about the term bay, but now that you said it's 4 (compared to the 3 claimed by bitherder), things seem to be getting clearer. .)

Ok, I think that should do it. Thanks everybody for reaching the goal, after doing some loopways!

Status
Not open for further replies.