Mysterious Fequencies / Groups on 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkreyling

My scanner keeps stopping on a few items I can not find anywhere in the programmed data in order to delete them. They are just noise, never nothing intelligible.

Examples from Screen:

Newport News
ID: 16
S0:1-----------
GRP:----------

Newport News
ID:3536
S0:1-----------
GRP:----------

I have searched all frequencies list and they appear nowhere ??!! It says Newport News, but they do not exist.

Any Ideas??

This is driving me nutty.... :)

Regards, Jim

SCPD

QRT
Press Lockout Twice in a Row to permanently lock it out when it's stops on it.
Also you can hit enter and it gets you "inside" the programing and back out 1 step at a Time to locate where it is located in your Programming.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looks like you have set that system to ID SEARCH mode instead of ID SCAN.

jkreyling

OK, thanks much. Will give both examples a try. I use the Butel software to program, and like I said, they are not in there anywhere, hopefully, this will uncover them in order to kill forever :)

jkreyling

The double-L/O worked for now. I was just using a Single L/O. Thanks much. I will now try to find where they are located. I will also research the ID search vs the ID scan. Need to read up on the manual.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
ID Scan tells the radio to scan only the talkgroups you have programmed. ID Search stops on anything that shows up on the control channels.

Press Func then Scan/Srch to change from 'ID Scan' to 'ID Search' (and vice versa) while scanning a trunked system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.