Mystery 155.3775 in Wayne Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng5

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Does anybody know who's on either 155.3775 or 155.385 in Wayne County? It's a full-time carrier with a 141.3 PL and the same audio as fire channel 1. It seems to be coming from somewhere around Lyons, but it can be heard 15-20 miles away.

Some things it's not:
* on 155.370
* listed in the RR database
* listed in the ULS
* an image - I've got it on two radios with different IF's

WilliamAlborn

Mystery frequency in wayne county

I live in ontario wayne county and I hear the frequency 155.3775 in my area. It does sound like the fire department frequency, maybe a new channel 1 coming?I am also picking up another odd frequency I can,t find listed. The frequency is 173.225 it sounds like the police department frequency. hopefully new and better frequencies are on the way.

KC2zZe

Exactly; thank you!

A rant about this has been simmering in me for a while now. I live in Orange County, New York, which borders New Jersey and PA, so the two state forums I visit are New York and New Jersey and, on rare occasion, PA. I think once, maybe twice, I visited another state's forum. I've often wondered why someone from, say Ohio, would post a reply to a question posted in the New York forum - often with wrong and/or outdated information. Is it because a question remains unanswered after a day or two and people feel an overwhelming desire to post something, anything, just so the OP doesn't feel ignored? Is it to get post counts up? Is there a race on to see how quick a reply can get put up? What could it be?

Here is a textbook example (as of 2 PM on 5/29): http://forums.radioreference.com/new-jersey-radio-discussion-forum/291798-kean-university.html What are the chances that our friend from CA was aware of the fact that Kean had UHF equipment for quite a while and was simulcasting their VHF and UHF systems? The real question is what prompted Kean to stop using VHF? See how this goes wrong?

I visit RR once or twice a month. I can't stand it when I see a question asked that has been answered by "outsiders" who steered the OP wrong. The topic would be stale by the time I read it, so I just end up PMing the OP with the scoop. I would never think to post a response to a question in, say, the Wyoming forum when I've never even flown over the state, let alone been there. If one wants to lurk around to see what's going on across this once great land of ours, go ahead. But to post, without having something concrete (and I mean dried, not freshly poured) to add...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.